Unable to place in editor

smileyguyx

Reaction score
During testing some of the models were not showing (all models were originally there not custom models) so i tried placing them in editor but it won't let me?

TheLegend

Reaction score
yes that's because the models are loaded with the map so when you import a model you have to save and restart your map in order for it to be shown. Hope this helped

smileyguyx

Reaction score
I want to know why i can't place objects not why my models won't show though it is useful piece of intel

Blood_Wraith

Reaction score
I think I've had something like that happen to me once, but I'm not sure. It would help if you would give us specific details.

What type of objects are you trying to place? Are they units, doodads, or destructables? Do they use a custom model? Or is it the default model.

Even if you use defaults, sometimes if you use a default base tree model for say, a doodad, it'll let you place it, but the model won't load. Even if you gave the doodad the correct variations. Don't know why.

When you select the object via object manager, what does it do exactly when you try to place them?

smileyguyx

Reaction score
Im trying to place custom units using missile models
when i try placing it it appears as a tinted red model which refuses to be placed

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
im pretty sure thats due to the pathing at the position you try to put it in
IE: putting units over water, other units, trees, doodads, or unpathable terrain

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i cant be sure what it is then, never had an error like that, have you tried reinstalling wc3?
the editor may be corrupted

TheLegend

Reaction score
maybe the scale in the object editor was set to 0 or a very small value. I had a virus that set the scale to 20 each time we is started, check then repost but the best option is to reinstall

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.