Unit Frame? +rep

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Ok, I'm thinking about making a Karazhan-map (Karazhan is a WoW-instance), and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make those unit frames that can be seen in the Molten Core maps. It looks like a hero frame at the left of your screen but it displays one of your party members health/mana points, and if u use a spell on that frame it will be cast on that unit. Does anyone know where to start? I was thinking a dummy hero unit that would refresh the hp/mp of the real unit ever X seconds, but then I wouldn't be able to cast spells on it.... hmm... any thoughs?:p

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you would be able to cast abillities on it. Just make like:

Code:
A unit starts the effect of an abillity 

If unit-type of target unit of abillity being cast equal to Dummy hero

Then order triggering unit to cast (your spell) on unit.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
But the dummy hero would be invisible and unclickable :thdown: So.. I don't think you would be able to cast a spell on it :\

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
well i would have 1 dummy hero for each class there is to be choosen. there are 9 classes in WoW... and you could play like 2 of each in a 10-man party.... and the units are sold from a house.... how would this work? (just theoretically)

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But the dummy hero would be invisible and unclickable :thdown: So.. I don't think you would be able to cast a spell on it :\

Yes you can, if its the hero icon. But you can also just make it a very simple model and then make it VERY small? But if you give the dummy hero locust i dont think you can cast spell on it.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Dont you think that this idea is to hard for how much it is worth (i dont know if its important in WoW, i dont play it)? Not to discourage you.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
ok well let's say I have 5 maximum in my frame, couldn't I make 5 very small dummy heroes.. and just have them follow my real hero around? then if i cast on it, there is a trigger to cast on the real heroes?

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
well I just thought that when I played the first version of molten core in wc3 was MUCH harder than the second that had these frames

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok well let's say I have 5 maximum in my frame, couldn't I make 5 very small dummy heroes.. and just have them follow my real hero around? then if i cast on it, there is a trigger to cast on the real heroes?

Yes i think you could do that.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
well people just keep writing ideas please:) I gotta log now but thankful for any idea at all... BRAINSTORM!:D

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Is there any way you could have there hero's icons but not be able to control your allies heros? Like fake control? Does that make sense?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is there any way you could have there hero's icons but not be able to control your allies heros? Like fake control? Does that make sense?

i could imagine that it would be possible, but if i it would work, itwould take a big amount of triggers that i have no idea how to make ^^

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Maybe have your people that are in a party force control with eachother, except make it so when someone clicks another's hero, it deselects it automatically.

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
that's actually not a bad idea... or force so that you can only select your hero... ye thats good thanks;)

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Or you could make dummy heroes, with only the icon, for each player, and deselect it by force when he clicks it..

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Ye that was the original idea T.s.e, but then I found that it would be hard to make them be "cast-able" by spells. Like I use my hero and will try to heal a party-member by clicking the healing spell on the icon on the side... if it's dummy hero somewhere else it won't cast on the real hero... so that won't work will it?

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
If you make a trigger detect when a unit is issued an order, and the target of the order is a dummy hero, then create a dummy unit and.. well, too much hassle for what it's worth. Right Zhirgoyt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.