Unit position locking

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Is it possible to make one unit "lock on" to another unit? Prefereably with an offset... I have thought of Desiese Cloud, and Haunted Gold mine, but I was wondering if there was a simple meathod. If nothing works, though, I will just make a loop every 0.03 seconds, and set the positions of the units that are locked onto another unit. (And I would rather a less intensive meathod)

Any help would be apreciated!
--Korolen

Korolen

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
you can mkae it every 0.03 seconds issue the unit to move to the other unit
I already said I could do that, and also, I would have it istantly move, instead of a normal move.

Also, I don't want the unit to have the move ability, or be able to be move, only moving when it's parent moves.

Korolen

Reaction score
AceHart said:
Would that be like a satellite orbiting the Hero, or more like a unit that has the "follow" order?
Can that unit attack?
I want it so that the other unit is locked onto the first unit, with an offset, and also so that when the host turns, the unit's offset is modified. I want the unit to be able to do everything a unit can do, except move. I think I can do that by setting the movement speed to 0, but it might make it 1.

Korolen

Reaction score
AceHart said:
Unfortunately, attachment points don't have offsets...
Well, it will be one of my custom models they will be attached to, but I don't want a Special Effect to be attached, I want a Unit. Is there a way to do this?

Korolen

Reaction score
Bumpitty bump bump... PS: Am I suppost to delete my other bump posts, after someone replies? (Acually this isn't the greatest time to bump... Absolutely no one is on...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.