Unit Priority

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I've searched the forums but couldn't really find a good answer.

Basically, I'm trying to get attackers to prioritize on attacking certain units before attacking others. I do know the Priority field is useless for this purpose. I've heard that units with Fortified armor and Worker classification are only targeted when there are no other targets.

Just wondering if there are any other known factors that affect priority. For example, does it matter if a unit has Large or Unarmored armor type? Or would either of the armor types have more priority over another. Thanks.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the days when i was actively working with the editor i was doing quite some tests for this matter.
Units with fortified armor are indeed attacked last, all other armor types are treated equal though.
Worker units do not attack by themselfs but if they are ordered to attack they will be prioritized just like other units around.
Buildings are always prioritized lower then units unless the units do not have an attack.

And thats it, i dont think there is much more to the engines build in attack prioritizing.
Do you intend to create some kind of threat-system?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Nope. I'm just trying to get the priorities straight for a certain map.

Another thing. If you give creeps spells (Berserk, etc) they automatically use them. Is there a way to deactivate this inbuilt AI?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Change the AI's owning player from neutral hostile to neutral extra is the easiest way.
There is hardly a difference in between those two.
Other then that you might want to try to deactivate the units guard position, its usually used for computer controlled player slots though so i am not entirely sure about the outcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.