Unit visual effect

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
I am attempting to make a Quest with a unit that gives the quest then faints. The problem I have is making it faint. I have no idea how to do that, other than that my quest is running smoothly. Anyone able to help me here please?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I am attempting to make a Quest with a unit that gives the quest then faints. The problem I have is making it faint. I have no idea how to do that, other than that my quest is running smoothly. Anyone able to help me here please?

Maybe flash the screen so its fully white, quickly make the unit play decay animation, freeze the units animation and flash the screen back normal?

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Hmm good idea, I will definitely try that. I know I have seen units do it before without flash, but if I need to I could do that for sure. Thanks! Definitely better than what I had, which was nothing lol.

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Ok so I totally tried that with the turn out being an epic fail. I had to run to school and am there right now so I cannot post the actual trigger (but I hoped by the time I get home there could be some feedback), but where I ran into problems was making the unit come back up from the "decomposed" position. I tried to do the same process, flash screen, but I am lost to make it back to "normal". any ideas?

popo80000

Reaction score
You can hide the unit that you want it to faint and create a dummy with no model and an ability locust (Remember to set the sight and most importantly, you have to set the death time of your dummy at "Art - Death Time (seconds), that will determine the duration for your sight to last) create the dummy right after you hide your unit and kill the dummy unit.
Try this(below) it might not be perfect but at least the sight thing still works.
EDIT: Download the attachment below, it's specially made for you. :D

Attachments

• Faint.w3x
    10.3 KB · Views: 116

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Hey thanks for helping out guys, I am about to leave school so I can check 'em out when I get home, but If the system works it's better than what I have haha.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.