Unknown JASS function

Xenoche

Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for your interest. :)

My question is pertaining to a line of custom script in an old map i created, Armies of the Underworld:

set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true

to tell u the truth i havent used the editor 4 a while and im getting back in2 it. But for the life of me i cannot remember the what this function does. It was placed at map initialization before any other action. :confused:

If someone can please tell me the properties and usefullness of this function that would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have tried a search but u wouldnt believe how many posts have "set" in it :eek:

S

Sunlit56

Yeah, i dont know JASS, however, is there something happened when the game loads that should'nt happen.

Xenoche

Reaction score
No the map runs perfectly, infact it is the most stable map ive eva made. :) Since the 1.20 patch ive had issuses with major server splits on my other maps.
But AotU is still going strong, with or without the phantom custom script :confused:

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
This wont be much help:

Well, I dont know where the variable is, but "bj_wantDestroyGroup" is a boolean variable somewhere (Game constants?) and you're setting it to true. :D

Like I said, not helpful. Good luck.

Xenoche

Reaction score
Ok. Thats kinda strange. What am i unknowingly modifying in gp constraints? :confused:

I'll have a snoop around gp constraints and see if theres any likely candidates that i would possibly have wanted to be true.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true

This, supposedly, destroys the next unit group created in some "pick every unit in" loop, once the loop is done.

Xenoche

Reaction score
Oh, thx. It would seem i was on a bit of a wild goose chase thx 4 clearing that up. :eek:

P

Persen

This would be the function for the "Pick every unit...":

Code:
function ForGroupBJ takes group whichGroup, code callback returns nothing
 local boolean wantDestroy = bj_wantDestroyGroup
 set bj_wantDestroyGroup = false
 call ForGroup(whichGroup, callback)
 if (wantDestroy) then
  call DestroyGroup(whichGroup)
 endif
endfunction

Xenoche

Reaction score
Well :eek: Considering that i have no (or very little competance) in the use of JASS that looks like an alien language to me.

BUT, i think this little episode has propted me to explore further into the realm of JASS. It looks like another dynamic tier of mapmaking which could help me greatly. Thx 4 everyones responses GL, HF and happy map makin everyone. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.