Upgrades and the Chaos ability dont mix.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I have an upgrade that give an HP boost.
I also have a toggle ability that adds and removes chaos.
Every time the unit is toggled, it gains the upgrade. So toggling backwards and forwards a few times gives you heaps of HP. Anyone know of any quick fixes. I don't want to have to make an ability for each upgrade I have (Eg. item-life bonus) and put it in a spell book.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Hmmmm...... Ill get back to you on that one.
Could you list me the positives on using metamorphosis?
I have to order them to use it but for chaos I can instantly give it to them with triggers.
Ill try it out now

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Could you list me the positives on using metamorphosis?
There's nothing to list I suppose.
It just does what you're looking for.
Except that it's a timed spell.
Ordering to cast Metamorphosis and giving Chaos are both one line triggers.
Given a choice, I'd go for Meta. Less trouble.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
An example I can think of is if the unit is stunned, they cant cast metamorphosis.
I also need it to be permanent. Does bear form work?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Just remove the extra HP from the unit with a level 2 Life Bonus?

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That would get messy the more upgrades there are... Why do you need chaos? To remove the selection circle and life bar?

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I have an abilit that makes you 95% transparent. The chaos removes the shadow and the HP bar. I have upgrades that increase the health. I gave the upgrade to both the invis unit and the normal unit.

jonas

Reaction score
Does ethereal form work the same way as chaos?

kingkwong92

Reaction score
No, I think its like the other morph abilities. Chaos doesnt have am active. Its like a hidden passive. I think im just going to trigger the HP boost, Mana boost, mana regen and move speed with abilities.
Does anyone know how to up move speed? I tried with the item move speed boost ability but the move speed didn't increase.

jonas

Reaction score
there are some boots of walking, that ability works. Other than that, there is a JASS function that can be used to set movement speed... It might also exist in the GUI.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the speed bonus stacks and/or if the ability can be levelled. I.e., you'll possibly have to remove&add as you increase the speed.

Last edited:

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I used the ability that looks like the boots of speed. It says give movement speed bonus but when I tested it, it doesn't work.
Do I use the HP book from the tome that looks like a panda or do I use the item that gives HP? Do item abilities have a icon, then I would have to put it in a disabled spellbook.

I tried adding the tome of health to the unit and tested it with the chaos ability and the HP still keeps on stacking up. I think Ill play around with one of the active morph abilities as well and see what happens. Like you said, its really annoying when there are heaps of upgrades.

jonas

Reaction score
Use the item that gives HP, that's the one that I used. I'm certain that the tome ability keeps adding up. I read that chaos should not be used on heroes because such things add up ; so using the abilities on units will do the same. I'm afraid that the item abilities- if they work - will also add up, so you need to remove them before you chaos.

I think the active morph will be much nicer.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I just tried with the active morph. I based it off bear form and it still doe the same thing.
If I make the upgrades affect both units it adds HP when I morph and morph out.
If only my origin unit type affected by the upgrade, the HP when unmorphing.
!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!@#$%^ :(

EDIT!! Actually the HP gain is random as. THe HP gain is also exponential. Starts small and gets really big really quick

jonas

Reaction score
That's not surprising. It probably just adds the current bonus every time (which doubles the current bonus).

Anyway, metamorphosis (the DH ability) should not do this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.