Using heroes as dummy units

Kuberr24

Reaction score
When a hero dies, it doesn't truly die because it can be later revived anywhere. The map "keeps the hero in the game" unlike normal units. Now, when I use a hero as a dummy unit, and kill it after use, it won't get cleaned up properly. Will using "Remove unit" work rather than using "Kill unit?" or is the only solution not using hero dummies?

also , I'm using "add 5 second timer to unit" rather than killing unit, don't know if that changes anything.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Dont use heroes as dummies rather use a footmen with no model and such.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I don't see why you would use Hero Dummies, but yes, if you remove it by any means it's gone. It can't be revived. However, expiration timer kills the unit so unless you plan to make an ability not MUI (Multi instanceable) i suggest you use units ^^

jomik

Reaction score
if you want a hero dummy, and want to keep it MUI, just check if a unit dies, and if triggering unit is a hero (optional), and if the killing unit == no unit, then remove it.

Kuberr24

Reaction score
Because I have hero skills, used on nondummy heroes, and its important the same skills also work on dummy units. So I was like: what's easier? Creating a hero dummy instead of a normal one (normal can't use hero abilities) or make all spells TWICE (one hero version, one unit version)

Either way, I solved it:

I'm using a expiration timer, and in my "A unit dies" trigger (which I need to clean up other stuff like hashtables) I will add the action "if unit = dummy hero, then remove it."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.