Vampire :D

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Yeah - I'm just wondering what I should do for this vampire hero...

As it stands, I want him to have 5 abilities (2 regular, 1 passive, 1 ultimate (passive/active), and one super-ultimate (passive/active)). All the spells would be generally complex, not in the sense of, "OMG, WTF HAX. Wat do it dooO?", but rather that it has different uses/requires skill to use, rather than the ability to click an icon and then a unit (doing so at a specific time, or to allow a chain to other spells, however, is cool with me).I have some ideas, but I'm not sure how I want to implement them; they could be passives, single casts, auto-casts, etc.

Idea: An attack that the Vampire has which gives a percent chance to make his victim bleed for 2 seconds. If he attacks, and the victim is bleeding, he gains does X damage, and steals it, and gains Y% move and attack speed for 2 seconds.

It could be an auto-cast, passive, or reworked into a single target spell:

The vampire races after his target, striking swiftly and giving an X percent chance to bleed the victim for 2 seconds with every swipe. If the target is bleeding, he deals Y extra damage, and steals it as health.

But I don't really like that, as it then becomes more of a "WTF, you're running? I'll chase you down and eat you! Cause I move really fast!" rather than a "You chose to come near me. You deserve to die." See, the spell provides a mechanic - Stay Away (especially weak spellcasters). The vampire is slow normally, but in melee combat, can chase you to the ends of the Earth, and then eat you. That's the sort of thing I want to do with these spells, is define a mechanic, rather than giving each hero a nuke, a shield, an AoE, etc.

Things I would rather not have involved in the spells: Loss of life (for the vampire), bones (I have a hero planned for this), or decay (another hero).

Any ideas?

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
One thing that comes into my mind when talking about vampire:
Charm - To force unit to do something it doesn't want.

Suggestion:
2-in-1 ability

First ability:
- Cast ability on a unit
- Unit loses control
- Unit Runs towards Vamp

Second ability:
- Cast ability on a unit
- Unit loses control
- Unit Runs away from Vamp

K

KiD-X

What kind of map are you making? One thing to keep in mind when creating abilities is not just how cool it looks or how much damage it does, but how it affects the over-all gameplay of the map. If it's a vampirism map the abilities can be heaps different to an arena style map, to keep balance or add advantage. So whats the theme?

S

Seanbot

Why not make a spell that when the target dies, it gets raised as a BETA vampire? Other spells, hmm.... at night it gains an attack bonus? Use a night trigger and add/remove abilities event. Make it initially off to stop leaks and stuff... thats two, are they complicated enough?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.