Video blog #2 - Hello NUON

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
It's up. It's long. I'm takin' a break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8rVQQwJ9Y

Of course to get back on schedule I'll need to start working on the next post like now. Thankfully the next one will be much easier to edit.

Edit: Gah! I didn't review the movie before posting. Looks like there's an audio sync problem. I'll fix it and repost it. It's fine in my local version - YouTube must have messed up.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like this one - it's a great summary of NUON and it's history. I see it being a good resource for people when they're like "what the heck is NUON?"

Oh, and an idea for a future episode, if you need one: I think a lot of us would like to hear about the inner workings of VM Labs, sharing stories of what it was like to work there, etc. It looks like you had some of that in this episode but had to cut it out for time restrictions. But I think it's interesting enough to warrant a whole entry.

Cool NUON poster on the wall behind you too ;)

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if you could get together with anyone that you used to work with there, but at least you could point the camera at someone else for a while too :)

Skah T

Former VML engineer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for feedback on how long to make these things. So far the next entry is about twenty minutes and that's after cutting out about a third of it. I know I personally have trouble finding time to watch the more lengthy videos on the web. I don't want to make these so long that no one bothers to watch them.

Willis

Reaction score
I personally don't mind how long they are. I'm fascinated by the Nuon and all the info i can get is even better. If i had to choose, i would say anywhere between 10-15 mins. Lets see what other people think.

keep up the great work !!

S

ShaggysNUON

I just watched this and it was really good. I also am not bothered by the length although I'm not sure how your average person looking into NUON would feel. Either way the more info the better and at least it's helping keep NUON alive in it's own way. It makes me want to do my part again, I just need to find a different URL of CN and find the files and the time do work on the site again.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched this again and it is a great coverage of the NUON.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.