WIP Villager RP [ Old map remake ]

Denegoth

Reaction score
A long while back I made a small little RP/RPG map named Village Life (No, not VillageR Life). This map had several systems in it that seemed amazing to me that I had made them at the time. People often complimented me on how nice it was, and we could play entire 10 player games with only the police leaving.

Now that you have the backstory onto the present day!

I recently hosted the map (after over a year) because a friend wished to play it again. I was shocked at how simplistic the systems were and how badly it was put together. Straight away I opened WE and proceeded to tear apart code until I realised it was too late. I would have to change everything to make it better. A remake was in order.

And now here we are. The new possible title for the remake of the original map of mine.

Villager RP

The structure of the remade concepts will be as follows:

Code:
Original Concept
[SPOILER]Description of the concept[/SPOILER]

Remade Concept
[SPOILER]Description of the concept[/SPOILER]

Granted I do not think many people will be interested in this project ( Another RP map :mad: ), but it's important to me that I do this. Full scale work (Not the small amount I'm doing at the moment) will begin as soon as I get Final Fantasy: The Crystal Wars into 4.5B (Currently 4.0B).

Remade Concepts​

Profession Helpers
Original Concept
In the old map, certain jobs would get their own resources and that would be that, and nothing would factor into it. Each profession would only have one job also (One baker, one farmer, one blacksmith)

Remade Concept
In the remake, certain things such as Mining and Baking will have levels to factor into things like success rate and quality of products, and will be available to players outside of jobs (Having one Baker seems quite strange).

Mining
Original Concept
Originally, you would just destroy rocks and have a random chance (Nothing factoring into it) to find a certain piece of ore (Iron, Mythril, Arcus). The rock would then respawn at a later time (This looked very ugly, and all rocks looked the same). There was only ONE mine in the whole game, and it was only available to the Jeweller and Blacksmith. Said mine was big and EXTREMELY ugly, filled with the same generic destructible rock model.

Remade Concept
There will be quite a big cave, accessable to everyone who wishes to enter. There will be several 'veins' of ore scattered around the cave, generated at random depending on how many there currently are. A pick may be needed to mine the ore, depending on what seems more logical at the time. Each vein will have a certain type of ore, and each vein has a random chance of producing a valuable gem. Chance to succeed in mining ore starts at 40% and rises by 1% by every mining level. At level 60 mining, the percentage of succeeding will cap, and the chance to mine a rare gem will rise every 4 levels, starting at 2% and capping at 12%

Alchemy Implemented!
Original Concept
In the original Village Life, the Alchemist was a job that used a mixing pot to produce potions to sell to other players. Short, simple, and noone like it.

Remade Concept
Alchemy will make potions, new plants, and shards for casting spells. A very useful skill that will flow with many others. For potions and plants, it will require a Mortar and Pestle. It is undecided what will be needed for shards.

Gardening Implemented!
Original Concept
In the original Village Life, you would buy a seed, plant the seed, and every few minutes, a Flower, Bud, or Petal would spawn on the plant. This caused problems due to a massive amount of items at one time if people left the items unsupervised.

Remade Concept
In this remake, after planting a seed, it appears as a "seed" unit. The seed has a expiration timer of 15-60 seconds. Once the timer ends, the plant will spawn. All plants will have VERY slow regenerating mana. This mana represents the item the plant will give. To harvest a plant, you must use the spell Clip that is supplied in your villager spellbook. To use clip, you must have the Pruner item. Bonuses the gardening skill offers are:

Every 15 levels: Plants start off with +1 Initial Mana
Every 25 levels: Plants start off with +1 Max Mana
Every 50 levels: Plants give off 1 extra Flower/Bud/Petal

New Concepts​

Lockpicking Implemented!
While holding a lockpick item (with charges), you can pick a lock on a vault, door, or safe. It takes into consideration your Skill Level. You gain a +0.5% chance to pick a lock every level. The quality of the door/lock will make it harder to pick certain locks.

Magic Implemented!
There will be a magic skill in this map. It will be quite hard to train, and MAY require items to cast spells. You will gain a new spell every 10 levels, starting with a weak spell. Spells planned are below

Level 0 - Minor Heal [ Heals 40 health. 20 second cooldown. ]
Level 10 - Managrab [ Cast on an item and the item comes to you. 50 second cooldown. ]
Level 20 - Summon Skeleton [ Begins with 1 skeleton. +1 skeleton every 10 levels. 300 second cooldown. Requires Dark Shard. ]
Level 30 - Featherweight [ Speed boost. 75 second cooldown. ]
Level 40 - Minor Unlock [ Opens a house door with 100% success rate. 360 (Half a day) second cooldown. ]
Level 50 - Major Heal [ Heals 500 health. 60 second cooldown. Requires Light Shard. ]
Level 60 - Clairvoyance [ Reveals a small area of the map for 25 seconds. 85 second cooldown. Requires Light Shard. ]
Level 70 - Airweight [ Better speed boost. 180 second cooldown. Requires Air Shard. ]
Level 80 - Vanish [ Makes a single unit invisible for 15 seconds. 150 second cooldown. Requires Air Shard. ]
Level 90 - Major Unlock [ Opens a shop door with 100% success rate. 720 (Full day) second cooldown. Requires Shadow Shard. ]
Level 100 - Flare [ Fires off a fireball in a single direction. 400 second cooldown. Requires Fire Shard. ]

Denegoth

Reaction score
Update 0.02
Gardening has been fully triggered, some terrain has been done, 4 heroes have been made, and doors have been coded.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
This sounds like a very nice map. I actually think that I have tried it or atleast something similiar to it at one time:)

Two questions tho?
1. Is there any achievable goals in this map?
They seem to have a tendecy to accumulate more players you know;)

2. Is that all the proffesions there are, or will there be more to come?

Denegoth

Reaction score
This sounds like a very nice map. I actually think that I have tried it or atleast something similiar to it at one time:)

Two questions tho?
1. Is there any achievable goals in this map?
They seem to have a tendecy to accumulate more players you know;)

2. Is that all the proffesions there are, or will there be more to come?

1. There will be many quests that can be found by speaking to certain NPCs. The idea is ALL NPCs will be interactable. There will be a spell in the "Villager Abilities" spellbook called "Talk". Using talk on different unit types will yield different results. Every unit type/group of unit types will have around 3 different responses. Some of these responses will be tips and hints.

2. There will definately be many more professions. I have stuff like Lockpicking, Cooking, Magic, Smithing, Woodwork (May rename to carpentry), and many more.

1 word = NICE!

Can I help?

Currently there is only one thing I need help with: I need a female villager model. The good female villager model on The Hive has bugged attachment points, so hero glow looks horrible on it.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That sounds really nice:)
I was thinking about making something like that before I quit mapmaking:D

I was supposed to have almost everything interactive, like if you clicked a tree and you had an axe you would get the option to cut it, and if you had one of those brench cutting tongs(don't remember the word for it) you could cut down a brench and so on.

That would be really cool to see:)

I made a small map to try it out and made a system for talking to the NPC's where you could cause intreagues and such.

Each villager had a small AI, they new if they where married, what they worked with, what they wanted in life. Kind of like the sims:)
Then it was all lost in a HDD crash:(

Feel free to rip of any good ideas I might have presented to you here:thup:

And keep up the good work:thup:

Denegoth

Reaction score
That sounds really nice:)
I was thinking about making something like that before I quit mapmaking:D

I was supposed to have almost everything interactive, like if you clicked a tree and you had an axe you would get the option to cut it, and if you had one of those brench cutting tongs(don't remember the word for it) you could cut down a brench and so on.

That would be really cool to see:)

I made a small map to try it out and made a system for talking to the NPC's where you could cause intreagues and such.

Each villager had a small AI, they new if they where married, what they worked with, what they wanted in life. Kind of like the sims:)
Then it was all lost in a HDD crash:(

Feel free to rip of any good ideas I might have presented to you here:thup:

And keep up the good work:thup:

I was actually planning to do that tree thing, only in my map, you don't click things, you use a skill on them.

Yeah, the attachment points are messed up, and whatever is attached to Origin sticks out from the middle of the model.

Denegoth

Reaction score
1 word = NICE!

Can I help?

[ Forgot what time I last posted, so sorry if this is a bump too soon, but I'm about to go to bed and want to respond to this again ]

I actually do need some help. I need a save/load code that I can easily add an extra integer variable to. I've read tutorials but I just can't grasp it. The save code would have to save around 20 variables as I will have loads of skills.

Jun

Reaction score
Sorry, bad with triggers, especially save/load codes. Can't help you there :/

Denegoth

Reaction score
Update 0.06
Police have now been added and lockpicking has been GREATLY balanced. The formula for lockpicking is:
Lockpicking level +1 divided by a doors strength.
House door: 2
Shop door: 3
Jail door: 4

Police are different to most other RP maps. Rather than being a team that you are stuck with through the whole game, it is a job you can quit whenever you like.

megma

Reaction score
Hmm... looks interesting, although I'm no mapper/codder/terrainer/modeler, I am a good tester. I learn quick, I adapt and strength any tactic or playstyle, but generally will either forge my own, or modify someone's to my liking/bring out the best of it, and getting rid of the weakness that are caused by how I play.

So yeah, if you want a tester, I'm up for it :thup:

Denegoth

Reaction score
Hmm... looks interesting, although I'm no mapper/codder/terrainer/modeler, I am a good tester. I learn quick, I adapt and strength any tactic or playstyle, but generally will either forge my own, or modify someone's to my liking/bring out the best of it, and getting rid of the weakness that are caused by how I play.

So yeah, if you want a tester, I'm up for it :thup:

Add me to friends on WC3 and whisper me whenever I get online about hosting :p

Name: Denegoth

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.