Gaming Violent video games ban in La. blocked

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A state law that would ban sales of violent video games to minors violates free speech rights and cannot be enforced, a judge ruled.

U.S. District Judge James Brady said the state had no right to bar distribution of materials simply because they show violent behavior. Brady issued an injunction, calling the law an "invasion of First Amendment rights" of producers, retailers and the minors who play the games.

"Depictions of violence are entitled to full constitutional protection," Brady wrote Thursday.

Louisiana is the latest in a string of states, including Minnesota, Illinois, California and Michigan, to have had similar bans blocked in the courts. A federal judge in Illinois this month ordered the state to pay more than $510,000 to three business groups — including the Entertainment Software Association, a plaintiff in the Louisiana case — for legal fees incurred in fighting a similar state law.

Last edited:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Heh, if it occurred in my state for whatever reason, I wouldn't care for these few months anyway. Game I'm most addicted to at the moment is Harvest Moon :rolleyes:

Sargon

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Heh, if it occurred in my state for whatever reason, I wouldn't care for these few months anyway. Game I'm most addicted to at the moment is Harvest Moon :rolleyes:

Harvest Moon rocks. I'm actually replaying Harvest Moon 64 right now. Went straight for the greenhouse, and got it before the end of the first year, so I now have more money than I can possibly spend.

Actually, there is one moneysink, the races, but I'm still in the second summer, so I'm not there yet :p

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
you know its time's like this that make me want to shout. "no matter what you do kids are going to cus punch kick and get into fights anyways!"

dang you Hillirie Clinton!!!

Sargon

Reaction score
Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with this. This was about something in L.A., and Clinton is a senator from New York.

And yes, banning violent video games is stupid. If you don't want your kids to play them, don't buy them. But we've been over this a billion times.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.