Walkable Structures

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Structures based on Circle of Power

So i'm creating a map that uses special units for construction and buildings. My main constructor (based off the Acolyte, so it start a building and move away) can place three different special 'marker' structures. These structures are based of an undead building, and the model has been replaced with the standard Circle of Power. All three are the same style, they just upgrade into different things and have a different tint color.

The problem is logistics. I wanted to make them Invunerable and Invisible, so the enemy can't see them until they are upgraded into a permanent structure. The catch is that this requires them to be walkable. So I set the Walkable classification, the collison size to 0 and the Pathing Map to Circle of Power. Because the buildable area is Tile and the 'Dungeon walls' are dirt, I flipped build flags so the structures can only be placed on Ground-pathable, and they are prevented by 'Buildable' areas.

This worked perfect until I discovered that I can build on top of them now. I can stack 8 towers ON TOP of each other. That just won't do. The only way i've found to prevent this is to introduce a Pathing Map so that it has a collison radius. Problem with that is, then the markers that you are SUPPOSED to be able to walk over, are now walls.

Is there some way I can make it so they can still be walked over while preventing structures from being built on top of them? If not, what's my best bet? Trying to rearrange the tileset to make my ground the Tile art I want to use?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.