AoS War of the Ages

Stu-pac

Reaction score
War of the Ages > A mix of DotA, Hero Wars, and some creative new ideas...
Choose from one of over 35 unique heroes, each with their own custom spells. Each hero has 3 spells(4 levels) and one ultimate (3 levels.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Available Game Modes : -ap -ar : (all pick) (all random)
-repick allows you to choose a new hero.
>>> Mini Games <<<
There are 2 mini games in War of the Ages. These Games alternate every 5 minutes or so. Winning teams get 200g bonuses per player.
Duels
When it comes time for a duel, one of three possible duels will be selected depending on the number of players; 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3.
Like in Hero Wars, the picked players are placed in the arena, hp is set to 100%, and the duel begins.
wotaduels.jpg
Monster Survival
The second mini game, Monster Survival takes every player from each teams and puts them in 2 separate arenas. Then a monster is summoned into the arena and the first team to kill the monster wins. (All monsters come from World of Warcraft Raid Bosses.)
wotamonstersurvival.jpg
- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > > PLEASE READ < < <
THERE ARE MANY SPELLS, SKINS, AND MODELS IN THIS GAME THAT COME DIRECTLY FROM THEHELPER.NET RESOURCES. AUTHORS SHOULD BE ALL CREDITED, HOWEVER IF YOU SEE A SPELL THAT IS NOT CREDITED IN THE CREDITS QUEST, PLZ EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
- - - - - -
This is the first legit game i have ever made and i hope you like it. Most of the triggers are in GUI, im still trying to learn JASS. There are probably some small bugs that havent been weeded out yet. If you find any please email me or post below.
TO DOWNLOAD CLICK THE LINK BELOW
Version History
No this is not the first version of this game ever made. I started War of the Ages in the end of January, 2009. It was first called Humans Vs Orcs, then Footies VS Grunts, then Face Off, then War of the Tribes, and now War of the Ages. There have probably been over 250 versions of War of the Ages, but this is the very first version to hit the internet. There is a clan that tests each version that comes out called Clan Dov on Lordaeron US West.

Please post your comments and any bugs you find, and please refrain from saying, "This game is just a shittier version of Dota" or something like that.
I am open to any new hero, spell, or item ideas; if you have any email them to me at [email protected]

Thanks again, try it out!

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
>> For the mini-games does the winning team get any bonuses?
>> Maybe add some random environmental events such as natural disasters.
>> Have any screen shots to see?

Stu-pac

Reaction score
edited post - winning teams do get bonuses
working on getting some screenshots. ill think about the natural disaster thing

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Maybe go for something different, actually make a dueling area! Like have lots of Los objects, lots of rocks, trees, shrubs, etc. Raise, lower terrain. Finally terrain variation, that would make a very interesting arena indeed.

Stu-pac

Reaction score
I agree it would make the arena a lot better, but it shouldnt be the main attraction of the game since it is just one of the mini games.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
A little replay for you :)
From the replay, you can see that the Beastmaster guy is IMBA and the Techie is too weak. I mean, who would want to wait 10 seconds for 300 damage? The damage is then reduced by Hero Magic Resistance...
Also, if you look from the Techie's view, you would see that he got trapped in his base after the first duel T_T
PS: You need the map to be in a subfolder in maps named "Member's Projects" if I remember to view the replay.

Attachments

• WeirdBug.w3g
    41.5 KB · Views: 287

Stu-pac

Reaction score
thanks for pointing that out. There are still many heroes that are unbalanced and I'm trying to balance them. Ill look at the replay and see what I can do.

Stu-pac

Reaction score
So I watched your replay. I will balance out the differences between techies and beast master. The duel bug is extremely strange though because when I host online it never occurs... Were you hosting this game on battlenet, or LAN? I have experienced these problems before when I test War of the Ages through the New Gen World Editor. It does something weird to the game causing bugs, but then when I host online they all seem to go away...

Stu-pac

Reaction score
Just tested the duel bug you found. It works perfectly in the game I'm playing. Im assuming you were using the New Gen Warcraft or some other extention of warcraft to play... It works fine in the current Warcraft 3 the frozen throne. My recomendation is not to use any extention of warcraft to play this game...

Stu-pac

Reaction score
Neither do I, sorry you experienced that though. If anyone has any idea why the game would fuction on battlenet but not on LAN plz let me know...
Zack you might be running WC3 on a old patch though, sometimes the new WC3 patches change the way maps work... just an idea

Stu-pac

Reaction score
also using 1.23 ... I dont know what to say and I know its not my computer because at least 2 other people I know have downloaded and hosted for me and it worked fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.