Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
WotSS.gif

As the shiftings of sand alter the very earth, so can the action of one alter
the very existence of its kin.

I've not begun working on this map as before anything I want to hear opinions about it,
is it a project worth doing? Vote in the poll and post if you want to clarify.
Also, this is not something I came up with just now, I've been thinking and wanting to do this for a long time.

Also remember, spoilers are there for a reason beyond shortening the
box, there is spoiling information within them.

Type: Campaign
Goal Playtime: 8h
Goal Difficulty: Extremely Hard
Target Audience: Lore Buffs with a Gameplay plus

As said the target audience I seek are lore buffs, not "it has to be correct to the
second in history" people, but people who actually pay attention to lore, storyline etc.
The greatest con with this would be that I'm skipping and adding a big part in story, the Scepter of
Shifting Sands reforming will not be a mission or a chapter. I will add in the end of the
first chapter that Shiromar picks up the broken pieces of the scepter, and in the third chapter
she will take them to Anachronos and beg him for the reforming. The reason being that I dont want
to waste a complete chapter on the reforming as it happens in World of Warcraft.

For thoose who don't know it is one of the longest and, at its time, hardest Quest chains in
World of Warcraft which would would require such a massive amount of missions taking you around
the world that it could become a campaign itself.

The storyline is based of Micky Neilson's short story of the Ahn'Qiraj events with lots of stuff
added and refined, as just the story wouldn't make it as grand as I want it.

In all parts you will be playing mainly as Night Elf, but with assistance from other races
aswell.

Additionally before I go closer into what will be included in the map, if anyone finds any flaws
or completely outrageous errors in lore, please let me know as I want to keep it as accurate as possible.

Also, you will not be building anything, or training any units in this campaign, atleast not the old fashioned way.

The Campaign

Missions are rated in the difficulty I want them like this: IIIII
From 1-5, normal - extreme

Code:
Part I - Closing the Veil
(The part that's mostly based of the Micky Neilson story, the War in which the Gates of
Ahn'Qiraj were sealed by Anachronos and Fandral.)

Cinematic - Sands Fury

Mission I - The Growing Evil    [COLOR="Red"]II[/COLOR]

The Night Elf commander Fandral and his liutenant Shiromar stand upon the recently
	discovered Gates of Ahn'Qiraj the great and ancient silithid home.
	With an army behind them they await the innevitable skittering and shrilling
	creatures to reveal themselves and the war to begin.

Mission II - Bloodied Dunes   [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

As the battle continues wave after wave of Quiraji smash against the elven army,
	swarming around them, relentless and merciless. But still some have gotten past
	their line, news has reached Fandral about attacks upon Southwind Village and
	against his fathers wishes, Valstann has taken a small group to hold it.

Mission III - Retreat and Regroup    [COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR]

Valstann is nowhere to be seen, Fandral is distant in combat; awaiting his sons
	return. the Qiraji has seemed unstoppable, but today something is happening
	that could break the everlasting tide, the swarms have stopped and are awaiting
	something, or someone.

Mission IV - Seeking the Timeless   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

The devastated Fandral has ordered us to fall back even further, through the desert of Tanaris
	towards the Caverns of Time, it would seem as though he once again will plea for the
	aid of the Bronze Dragonflight. Hopefully they will not be as ignorant of the threat as
	last time, no they can't ignore us, not when the silithid are charging into their home.

Mission V - Sleeping Tight   [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

The Dragonflights have agreed to aid us in our effort, we will crush the Qiraji
	into and within their own home. Yet our lines are faltering and even if we should succeed
	it will not put Fandrals mind at ease.

Cinematic - Even Time will Forget

Part II - Awakening of the Dunes
(A reformed version of the War Effort in WoW)

Mission I - What once was   [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

A thousand years after the War of the Shifting Sands, its memory no longer rests
	on many minds. But the sand has once again come alive and its minions hungers more
	than ever. It started with the appearances of insectlike creatures in the southern
	Barrens, but the threat has far outgrown the curiosities of lone researchers.

Mission II - Audience    [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

The Horde still mocks us, they are to dim to see the reality, if they can
	not see the coming cataclysm they might even deserve it. But we must keep
	out pace, in the first war Fandral was the leading commander, we must
	make our way to Darnassus and seek him out, although our hopes are not high
	after what he went through that time.

Mission III - Seeking Guidance  [COLOR="Red"] IIII[/COLOR]

The Humans and Dwarfs have agreed on aiding us and are comming in from the
        east, with them our ranks are growing, but we must find a way to support our 
	troops with the needs of war, weapons, armor and vast amounts of morale, 
	for it is not a minor battle we've engaged in, it is the survival of us all.

Mission IV - Making our Way  	 [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

Armaments are prepared, now only our long journey awaits. We must travel through the
	Thousand Needles and rendevouz with the human and dwarven forces landing by Steamwheedle Port.
	As we've settled the forces we will make our way towards Silithus through Un'Goro,
	hopefully it will not be to late. 

Cinematic - To Death or Glory

Part III - Breaking the Veil
(Can be seen as the raid in WoW)

Mission I - Under a Single Banner   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

Shiromar stares vacantly upon a familiar sight, so many died yet the dune has no memory,
	what happened here a thousand years ago is of no matter, what happens now will
	echo in eternity. The shrills and whirring of the Qiraji once again fills her head and the
	shrieking sounds from the dark caverns form the memorable words; Rajaxx, Rajaxx....

Mission II - Breaking Through     [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

The gates have been open for hours, yet there's been no sight of anything other than minor
	silithid and some wasplike creatures. What are the beasts scheming, to voices chanting out the
	name Rajaxx can still be heard distantly through the sand storm, we must enter the city, even though
	it might be the tomb of us all.

Mission III - What None had Forseen   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

With the fall of Rajaxx and Ossirian our troops are nearing depletion, yet the legs of the 
	Qiraji seem to never lose pace. Even so we still have not even seen what the Qiraji have to 
	offer, for who knows what awaits us within these deep temples.

Mission IV - May the Old Ones Fall    [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

"For many thousands of years the Qiraji worked feverishly to build a force capable of laying 
	waste to the world that would betray their god. The great fortress city of Ahn'Qiraj was 
	created to house their growing armies and prepare for the coming of C'Thun."
	C'Thun, one of the dread elders, how can we stand against such a beast, but there is no
	way other than forward from here on, may Elune guide us and the souls of our fallen.

Cinematic - Tear of the Old God

Heroes

Heroes will not be leveled through the campaign, I will, after debate, make it so that they gains abilities
through events that are forced and since they wont be leveled great artifacts will boost the heroes stats
so that one still feel the power grow.

Code:
Fandral Staghelm - Guardian of the Grove (Chapter I, NPC - Chapter II)

Ferocity
             Fandral has chance on hit to go into a ferocious rage, increasing attackspeed
             by 35% and damage by 50% for 5 seconds. Each second that pass will reduce             
             the damage increment by 10%. 
	Warcry
             Fandral lets out a furious warcry, boosting the morale of nearby units.
             Increases damage and attackspeed by 20% for 15 seconds.
	Impale
             A swift single target strike that impales the target, striking it and if any
             the unit directly behind it for 200% damage, if Fandral is affected by Ferocity
             the strike is sure to be a critical strike and will stun the initial target for 3 seconds.
	Guardian of the Grove
             Fandral awakens the roots of the trees to guard nearby units, making them
             highly resistant to physical attacks for 10 seconds or until Fandral stops channeling.
             While units are affected by this spell they have a 10% damage return. 

Shiromar - Priestess of Elune   (Chapters I, II and the first mission of III)

Grace of Elune
	Ysera's Nightmare
             Sends the targeted unit out of phase with the real world and into the emerald nightmare.
             While in the nightmare the unit takes 5% of current health every 1 second. Lasts for 10 
             seconds on minor units and 2 seconds on greater ones, also takes less damage to greater units.
	Blinding Light
	Guided Blade

Shiromar - Scarab Lord   (Chapter III mission II, III, IV)

Grace of Elune
	Ysera's Nightmare
	Blinding Light
	Guided Blade

Lenea - Druid of the Moon (Shiromar's Lieutenant, Chapter III)

Infusion
             Infuse the target with moonlights grace, giving it a great mana regeneration
             and giving it a chance to bless their attack with the strength of the moon for 
             10 seconds.
	Starlight
             Engulfs the targeted area in a great light, increasing all friendly units within the
             areas health regeneration greatly. Also blinds enemy units within the area, reducing
             their chance to hit by 30%.
	Moonkin Form
             Take the form of an elder owlbeast, granting you several healing abilities but reduces
             your movement and attackspeed greatly. Lasts until canceled.
	Eclipse
             Puts all units in the targeted area under an ecplise, reducing their chance to hit by 80%
             and silencing them for 6 seconds.

Valstann Staghelm - Nightfall Warrior (Chapter I)

Rend
	Gouge
	Earthbound Glaives
	Strike of the Ancients

Merithra - Of the Dream (Chapter III)

Boundless Dreams
	Tireless Fangs
	Emerald Gaze
	The Dreamers Awake

Arygos - The Insightful (Chapter III)

Hightened Senses
	Arcane Intrusion
	Mind Break
	Calling of the Azure

Caelstrasz - The Lifegiver (Chapter III)

Living Flames
             Caelstrasz blazes a targeted area with flames, taking X damage every second
             on enemy targets and healing friendly targets for double. Also has a chance to ressurect
             minor friendly units. Lasts 5 seconds.
	Apolyptic Tear
             A tear of grace, increasing the targeted units armor and health regeneration greatly for
             10 seconds. If also under the effect of Living Flames the effects of this spell will be greater.
	Infernal Wall
             Deploying several living flames around him, Caelstrasz creates an inpenetrable wall.
             The flames will attack nearby enemy units but Caelstrasz cannot move during the full
             duration of the spell. Lasts 6 seconds.  
	Fury of the Dawn
             Caelstrasz calls down the fury of the red dragonflight, summoning several red dragons
             to his aid, the dragons last until slain.

Anachronos - Heir of the Timeless (NPC - Chapter III)

Timeless Prison

Units

Night Elf

Code:
[B]Name: Sentinel Defender[/B]
Health: 670
Mana: 210
Armor: 5
Damage: 41-82 Melee
Attackspeed: Normal
Special:  Deflection, the defender has a 30% chance to deflect 50 damage from an incoming attack.
	  Battle Stance, the defender moves from its current stance into a battle stance, increasing
	damage and attackspeed but removing the possibility of deflection and reduces armor by 4.
	  Taunt, the defender tounts nearby units, increasing the possibility that they will focus
	their attacks on him.
Equipment:
	Kaldorei Battleplate -> Kaldorei Regalia
	    +Armor and Health
	Darnassian Armaments -> Mithril Armaments -> Arcanite Armaments
    	    +Damage and Attackspeed

[B]Name: Sentinel Ranger[/B]
Health: 420
Mana: 120
Armor: 1
Damage: 62-67 Ranged
Attackspeed: Fast
Special:  Focus, increases the rangers damage by 20 when used, costs 30 mana per shot. 
Equipment:
	Kaldorei Leathers -> Kaldorei Field Chains
	    +Armor and Attackspeed
	Recurve Bows -> Longbows -> Outrider Bows
    	    +Range and Damage

[B]Name: Glaive Thrower[/B]
Health: 1100
Mana: 0
Armor: 0
Damage: 0 (No passive attack)
Attackspeed: N/A
Special: Fires a glaive that damages all enemy units in a line in front of it for 410.
	Needs to be stationed in order to attack, 10 second cooldown.
Equipment:
	Plated Hulls
	    +Armor
	Truesilver Glaives
    	    +40 Damage to special attack
	Supply Beacon
	      The Glaive Thrower serves as a supply beacon for nearby troops, increasing their 
            attackspeed by 10% and armor by 2.

[B]Name: Starseeker Ley Walker[/B]
Health: 310
Mana: 930
Damage: 23-35 Ranged
Special:  Arcane Spirit, the Ley Walker has a chance when casting a spell to summon a
	stationary arcane spirit. The spirit grants a mana regerative aura and after
	5 seconds the spirit will implode releasing its power, damaging all nearby enemy units
	for 150.
	  Magic Missile, a single target missile of power from nearby ley lines that does
	240 damage and dazes the target for 5 seconds.
	  Soul Lance, the Ley Walker releases part of its own life force in order to fire
	of a powerfull lance of energy, the lance will travel until impact with an enemy unit
	and then explode causing 330 damage to all units within 200 range. Lance will travel  maximum
	of 1700 range.  
Equipment:
	Wowen Tunics -> Mageweave Robes -> Netherweave Drapes 
	    +mana and mana regeneration
	Jade Tipped Staves -> Sapphire Head Staves -> Dawnstone Staves
    	    +Damage to abilities

[B]Name: Assault Ballistae[/B]
Health: 700
Armor: 2
Damage: 0 (No passive attack)
Attackspeed: N/A
Special: Fires a glaive that damages all enemy units in a line in front of it for 350.
	8 second cooldown
Equipment:
	Plated Hulls
	    +Armor
	Truesilver Glaives
	    +40 Damage to special attack
	Spiked Hulls
	    Adds some damage return to melee attackers

[B]Name: Fey Spirit[/B]
Health: 180
Mana: 1350
Armor: 2
Damage: 3-6 Ranged
Attackspeed: Very Fast
Special:  Energy Burst, increases the attackspeed of the Fey Spirit greatly, also adding
	+5 bonus damage for 6 seconds. While in energy burst the Fey Drake cannot cast
	Mana Scales.
	  Mana Scales, the Fey Drake leaks his mana into his scales, mitigating all damage
	taken to draw from his manapool instead. 

[B]Name: Cenarion Outrider[/B]
Health: 550
Mana: 160
Armor: 3
Damage: 72-114 Melee
Special: Lunar Beam, an intense beam of moonlight that burns into an enemy for 140 damage then 
	bounces into 2 additional target, taking 50% of the primary targets damage. 
Equipment:
	Kaldorei Leathers -> Kaldorei Field Chains
	    +Armor and Health
	Darnassian Armaments -> Mithril Armaments -> Arcanite Armaments
    	    +Damage and Attackspeed

Silithid

The lackeys of the great Qiraji, these mindless insectoid themself pose no threat.
But through the will of C'thun and his creation the Qiraji they are the gears of
the everlasting warmachine of Ahn'Qiraj.

Code:
[B]Name: Silithid Wasp[/B]
Health: 410
Armor: 1
Damage: 29-49 Ranged
Special:
            Venomous Glands: The wasps attack is poisonous and will take additional damage over time.

[B]Name: Hive'Regal, Zora, Ashi Drone[/B]
Health: 510
Armor: 4
Damage: 31-38 Melee
Special:
            The drones have a chance to inflict crushing blows, causing 150% damage and stuning the target for 1 second

[B]Name: Silithid Breeder[/B]
Health: 1630
Mana: 470
Armor: 7
Damage: 11-95 Melee
Attackspeed: Slow
Special:
           In combat the breeder will lay eggs that if not destroyed will hatch into several silithid spawn

[B]Name: Silithid Devourer[/B]
Health: 1150
Armor: 5
Damage: 72-81 Melee
Special:
           Has a high chance of sundering the target on hit, removing a high amount of armor.

[B]Name: Silithid Swarmer[/B]
Health: 110
Mana: 50
Damage: 11-22 Melee
Attackspeed: Very Fast
Special:
           The venomous swarmers have a stacking poison, effectively reducing the movement and attackspeed of the targeted unit.
Qiraji

Blessed thousands of years ago by the Old God C'thun, they are the elite of the Silithid swarms,
given sapient form, consciousness, purpose and the power to hold the empire within the grip of their
creator. Awaiting the day they can take vengeance upon the world that would harm their god if
only given the chance.

Code:
[B]Name: Qiraji Watcher[/B]
Health: 1450
Mana: 720
Armor: 7
Damage: 89-104Melee
Special:
            Ancient Carapace
                Has a 50% magic resistance
            Shadow Clutch
                A powerful dark blow that strikes the target and nearby units for 120 damage.
Human

After heavy tremblings in the society of great Stormwind, the Humans have finally started to rest easy.
But even so the need of their assistance has called for their arms once more, with hundreds of strong they
have but no choice to heed this calling and fight again for the survival of all.

Code:
Name: Stormwind Exemplar

The Exemplars are the ones holding together the lines of an army, charging with the front lines the support
and uphold morale throughout the battle.

Health: 1340
Mana: 180
Armor: 12
Damage: 31-67
Special: 
          Staggering Shout, shout violently against oncomming enemies, reducing attack and movement 
	speed by 30% for 5 seconds.
	  Taunt, the Stoneguard tounts nearby units, increasing the possibility that they will focus
	their attacks on him.
Equipment:
	N/A
Dwarven

Since the fall of Ragnaros and the Dark Iron Dwarves the Ironforge honor their alliance
by reinforcing the Kaldorei defensive lines.

Code:
Name: Ironforge Stoneguard 

Part of the great defense of Ironforge, the Stoneguards are stout strong warriors with high defensive
capabilities. 

Health: 1340
Mana: 180
Armor: 12
Damage: 31-67
Special: 
          Stone Form, the Dwarf turns his skin into stone for 10 seconds, increasing armor by 15 but 
	decreasing attackspeed by 50%.
	  Taunt, the Stoneguard tounts nearby units, increasing the possibility that they will focus
	their attacks on him.
Equipment:
	N/A
Other
Code:
Check back later!

Gameplay description

This is roughly how intense I want most missions to keep gameplay difficulty up.

Mission V

Gameplay Explanation

You must hold the Qiraji forces at bay using Merithra, Arygos and
Caelstrasz while Anachronos channels his magic to create a barrier
around Ahn'Qiraj.

But Anachronos doesn't have power enough to do
this on his own, and just to keep his mana from degenerating to fast
you will have to use Priestesses to channel their mana into him and
when Fandral is not to busy fighting of Qiraji Burrowers and Wasps
he can channel his mana into Anachronos so that his mana degeneration
tips over to regeneration.

Might sound simple but I don't want it to be simple, I want the
multi-tasking to be intense. The three dragons holding the Qiraji
at bay are highly lethal, yet they can, if you don't handle them well,
easily die by the hands of the silithid swarm. You will have to keep
up buffs and summons, using high CD AoE spells when the timing is correct
simultaniously with handling the defense and channeling by Anachronos.
Added, I can say, the Qiraji do not spawn repeatedly in the same amounts.
They spawn within intervals in diffrent amounts, so yes you might be able to
take a breather, but the next wave could be devastating, keeping the players
on their toes.

New troops join the battle as time goes by and you can choose whether
to deploy them by Anachronos or the Front Line, Split them or move them
in between the points that needs support.

All this I'm gonna pack into a rough 15 minute gameplay, for no dull moments,
no rest, no break, just pure intensity.

Screenshots

Started on some rough terraining to see how silithid you could make it without imports, in the hive one there are custom models of the units.

Gates of Ahn'Qiraj in game view, about as close as you can get to the Ruins in the first mission.
GatesGame.jpg

Gates in Cinema will have roughly this angle.
GatesCinema.jpg

A silithid Hive, as in Hive'Regal, Hive'Ashi and Hive'Zora
Hive.jpg

When assaulting one of the hives, as you will in the first mission, silithid will start pouring out of these babies, an underground passageway for the Qiraji.
SilithidTunnel.jpg

Any and all feedback is welcome, please use the poll as statistics are a great boost.

//==GooS

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Updates:

Pre-dating
- Altered the story not to include the Horde in an otherwise Alliance storyline
- Added gameplay description, so one can roughly see how a mission could be played
- Added locations under each mission for thoose that never heard of the War of the Shifting Sands
- Added screenshots as I tested what could be done with the terrain
5/04/09
- Added some spell descriptions.
7/04/09
- Added most Night Elf units.
- Added most Silithid units and one Qiraji
- Added unit abilities of the Night Elf
- Added some upgrades/equipment for the Night Elf

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wow! Sounds awesome. As a lore buff, I've always wanted to see something done with the War of the Shifting Sands. Only one recommendation thus far: for the part that's the war effort in wow, don't make the alliance and horde work together! Although WoW lore has them working together, you should change it.

EDIT Oh, also you have a number of grammar errors you should fix.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Wow! Sounds awesome. As a lore buff, I've always wanted to see something done with the War of the Shifting Sands. Only one recommendation thus far: for the part that's the war effort in wow, don't make the alliance and horde work together! Although WoW lore has them working together, you should change it.

Indeed, I have been thinking about that, the mission Audience feels waaay of, thx for pointing it out :)

EDIT Oh, also you have a number of grammar errors you should fix.

I'll look through the post ;), If you could point some out that would be great, I'm not the greatest with English :p

Edit: Altered the story not to include the Horde in an otherwise Alliance storyline

Any other inputs anyone? Everything is welcome, trash it if you like to, it's kinda the point, I want to see if it's a wanted campaign concept!

Additionally if this has been done before a good thing would be to point it out :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
You should make several difficulty levels. At least a "normal" and "hard" like the WC3 campaigns had.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
You should make several difficulty levels. At least a "normal" and "hard" like the WC3 campaigns had.

I'll think about it, but if I did make two difficulty levels, the normal one would be harder than the original campaigns and the hard one, the one I would want people to play would be beyond hard in Blizzard campaign standard.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Sounds good, as long as there are options. I might like to join this project as a terrainer or a concept developer, or both.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Sounds good, as long as there are options. I might like to join this project as a terrainer or a concept developer, or both.

Yes options are always neat :) as for the joining, it sounds sweet, as it is a rather large project, but I would like some more replies regarding concept before starting on it, anything you think I should add to the post that explains it further?

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of heroes starting out with ALL of their abilities, but that might just be me.

Other than that this is a pretty awesome idea, looking forward to seeing where this leads :p.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of heroes starting out with ALL of their abilities, but that might just be me.

Other than that this is a pretty awesome idea, looking forward to seeing where this leads .

The reasoning behind it is stated, with not having trainable units from building, it all depends on hero combinations with existing units, if I use leveling heroes the increments would not have the same pace as the rest of the game. But if it comes to that I might add that after a special event the main hero, Shiromar, gains an ability, lets say she starts out with three abilities, and gains the fourth when she becomes the Scarab Lord.

Thanks for your input :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I think heroes should be able to choose their abilities from a list. Instead of being able to eventually get all of their class abilities, they should have about 20 to choose 5 or 6 from.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
I think heroes should be able to choose their abilities from a list. Instead of being able to eventually get all of their class abilities, they should have about 20 to choose 5 or 6 from.

The problem with this is that people could and probably will choose abilities they eventually cannot finish a map with. With this I mean people will only choose spam damage abilities. Eventually this ruins the concept of hard play through proper use of the given abilities together with given units in order to survive.

Also, abilities that seem right for one map might prove more or less useless in another map cus that is not the kind of ability needed for survival/support/heal/tank/whatever.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Well then you lose if you choose crap abilities...? That seems like a perfect way to bump up the difficulty, instead of just making enemies with ridiculously high damage and hit points, just let the player build their character from scratch.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Well then you lose if you choose crap abilities...? That seems like a perfect way to bump up the difficulty, instead of just making enemies with ridiculously high damage and hit points, just let the player build their character from scratch.

The enemies will not have ridculously high HP and damage, they will, just as the players have combinations. Example, one unit may sunder the armor and one may have a high damage ability, one may put you in an ethereal state and the other one cast spells. Or just as simple as some units have a highdamage poison low regular damage and low hp but the poison will still kill you if you can't rid yourself of it.

As for bumping difficulty with faulty abilities, it's no bumping, it just leads to a dead end in the game, not very intresting, you've played up to the last mission of the second chapter, overwritten your save over and over, and suddenly you just can't finish the map cus you just don't have the abilities on your heroes needed to finish it.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Allow tomes of retraining, or some other method, but make it cost some money.

You've posted many valid arguments against set abilities and yet I keep rejecting them all, and so on with this one. Money is used for absolutely nothing in this campaign, no buildings and no trainable units makes it obsolete.

Also, with the fast pace I want in the missions there would be no time to "re-specc" in the missions were your specc in the case of non static abilities would matter.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WotSS.gif

As the shiftings of sand alter the very earth, so can the action of one alter
the very existence of its kin.

I've not begun working on this map as before anything I want to hear opinions about it,
is it a project worth doing? Vote in the poll and post if you want to clarify.
Also, this is not something I came up with just now, I've been thinking and wanting to do this for a long time.

Also remember, spoilers are there for a reason beyond shortening the
box, there is spoiling information within them.

Type: Campaign
Goal Playtime: 8h
Goal Difficulty: Extremely Hard
Target Audience: Lore Buffs with a Gameplay plus

As said the target audience I seek are lore buffs, not "it has to be correct to the
second in history" people, but people who actually pay attention to lore, storyline etc.
The greatest con with this would be that I'm skipping and adding a big part in story, the Scepter of
Shifting Sands reforming will not be a mission or a chapter. I will add in the end of the
first chapter that Shiromar picks up the broken pieces of the scepter, and in the third chapter
she will take them to Anachronos and beg him for the reforming. The reason being that I don't want
to waste a complete chapter on the reforming as it happens in World of Warcraft.

For those who don't know it is one of the longest and, at its time, hardest Quest chains in
World of Warcraft which would would require such a massive amount of missions taking you around
the world that it could become a campaign itself.

The storyline is based of Micky Neilson's short story of the Ahn'Qiraj events with lots of stuff added and refined, as just the story wouldn't make it as grand as I want it.

In all parts you will be playing mainly as Night Elf, but with assistance from other races as well.

Additionally before I go closer into what will be included in the map, if anyone finds any flaws
or completely outrageous errors in lore, please let me know as I want to keep it as accurate as possible.

Also, you will not be building anything, or training any units in this campaign, atleast not the old fashioned way.

The Campaign

Missions are rated in the difficulty I want them like this: IIIII
From 1-5, normal - extreme

Code:
Part I - Closing the Veil
(The part that's mostly based of the Micky Neilson story, the War in which the Gates of
Ahn'Qiraj were sealed by Anachronos and Fandral.)

Cinematic - Sands Fury

Mission I - The Growing Evil    [COLOR="Red"]II[/COLOR]

The Night Elf commander Fandral and his lieutenant Shiromar stand       upon the recently discovered Gates of Ahn'Qiraj the great and ancient Silithid home. With an army behind them they await the inevitable skittering and shrilling creatures to reveal themselves and the war to begin.

Mission II - Bloodied Dunes   [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

As the battle continues wave after wave of Quiraji smash against the elven army, swarming around them, relentless and merciless. But still some have gotten past their line, news has reached Fandral about attacks upon Southwind Village and against his fathers wishes, Valstann has taken a small group to hold it. 

Mission III - Retreat and Regroup    [COLOR="Red"]I[/COLOR]

Valstann is nowhere to be seen, Fandral is distant in combat; awaiting his sons return. the Qiraji has seemed unstoppable, but today something is happening that could break the everlasting tide, the swarms have stopped and are awaiting something, or someone.

Mission IV - Seeking the Timeless   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

The devastated Fandral has ordered us to fall back even further, through the desert of Tanaris	towards the Caverns of Time, it would seem as though he once again will plea for the aid of the Bronz Dragonflight. Hopefully the will not be as ignorant of the threat as last time, no they can't ignore us, not when the Silithid are charging into their home.

Mission V - Sleeping Tight   [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

The Dragonflights have agreed to aid us in our effort, we will crush the Qiraji into and within their own home. Yet our lines are faltering and even if we should succeed it will not put Fandrals mind at ease.

Cinematic - Even Time Will Forget

Part II - Awakening of the Dunes
(A reformed version of the War Effort in WoW)

Mission I - What once was   [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

A thousand years after the War of the Shifting Sands, its memory no longer rests on many minds. But the sand has once again come alive and its minions hungers more than ever. It started with the appearances of insect-like creatures in the southern Barrens, but the threat has far outgrown the curiosities of lone researchers.

Mission II - Audience    [COLOR="Red"]III[/COLOR]

The Horde still mocks us, they are to dim to see the reality, if they can
not see the coming cataclysm they might even deserve it. But we must keep out pace, in the first war Fandral was the leading commander, we must make our way to Darnassus and seek him out, although our hopes are not high after what he went through that time.

Mission III - Seeking Guidance  [COLOR="Red"] IIII[/COLOR]

The Humans and Dwarfs have agreed on aiding us and are comming in from the east, with them our ranks are growing, but we must find a way to support our troops with the needs of war, weapons, armor and vast amounts of morale, for it is not a minor battle we've engaged in, it is the survival of us all.

Mission IV - Making Our Way  	 [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

Armaments are prepared, now only our long journey awaits. We must travel through the Thousand Needles and rendezvous with the Human and Dwarven forces landing by Steamwheedle Port. As we've settled the forces we will make our way towards Silithus through Un'Goro, hopefully it will not be to late. 

Cinematic - To Death or Glory

Part III - Breaking the Veil
(Can be seen as the raid in WoW)

Mission I - Under a Single Banner   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

Shiromar stares vacantly upon a familiar sight, so many died yet the dune has no memory, what happened here a thousand years ago is of no matter, what happens now will echo in eternity. The shrills and whirring of the Qiraji once again fills her head and the shrieking sounds from the dark caverns form the memorable words; Rajaxx, Rajaxx....

Mission II - Breaking Through     [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

The gates have been open for hours, yet there's been no sight of anything other than minor Silithid and some wasp-like creatures. What are the beasts scheming, to voices chanting out the name Rajaxx can still be heard distantly through the sand storm, we must enter the city, even though
it might be the tomb of us all.

Mission III - What None Had Foreseen   [COLOR="Red"]IIII[/COLOR]

With the fall of Rajaxx and Ossirian our troops are nearing depletion, yet the legs of the Qiraji seem to never lose pace. Even so we still have not even seen what the Qiraji have to offer, for who knows what awaits us within these deep temples.

Mission IV - May the Old Ones Fall    [COLOR="Red"]IIIII[/COLOR]

"For many thousands of years the Qiraji worked feverishly to build a force capable of laying waste to the world that would betray their god. The great fortress city of Ahn'Qiraj was created to house their growing armies and prepare for the coming of C'Thun." C'Thun, one of the dread elders, how can we stand against such a beast, but there is no way other than forward from here on, may Elune guide us and the souls of our fallen.

Cinematic - Tear of the Old God

Heroes

Heroes will not be leveled through the campaign, they will start out with all of their skills as full fledged epic battle is engaged in almost instantly and the abilities are needed in combination in order to survive.

Code:
Fandral Staghelm - Guardian of the Grove (Chapter I, NPC - Chapter II)

Ferocity
	War Cry
	Impale
	Guardian of the Grove

Shiromar - Priestess of Elune   (Chapters I, II and the first mission of III)

Grace of Elune
	Ysera's Dream
	Blinding Light
	Guided Blade

Shiromar - Scarab Lord   (Chapter III mission II, III, IV)

Grace of Elune
	Ysera's Dream
	Blinding Light
	Guided Blade

Lenea - Druid of the Moon (Shiromar's Lieutenant, Chapter III)

Infusion
	Starlight
	Moonkin Form
	Eclipse

Valstann Staghelm - Nightfall Warrior (Chapter I)

??
	??
	??
	Strike of the Ancients

Merithra - Of the Dream (Chapter III)

Boundless Dreams
	Tireless Fangs
	??
	The Dreamers Awake

Arygos - The Insightful (Chapter III)

Heightened Senses
	Arcane Intrusion
	Mind Break
	Call of the Azure

Caelstrasz - The Lifegiver (Chapter III)

Living Flames
	Apocalyptic Tear
	Fire Wall
	Fury of the Dawn

Anachronos - Heir of the Timeless (NPC - Chapter III)

Timeless Prison

Gameplay description

This is roughly how intense I want most missions to keep gameplay difficulty up.

Mission V

Gameplay Explanation

You must hold the Qiraji forces at bay using Merithra, Arygos and
Caelstrasz while Anachronos channels his magic to create a barrier
around Ahn'Qiraj.

But Anachronos doesn't have power enough to do
this on his own, and just to keep his mana from degenerating to fast
you will have to use Priestesses to channel their mana into him and
when Fandral is not to busy fighting of Qiraji Burrowers and Wasps
he can channel his mana into Anachronos so that his mana degeneration
tips over to regeneration.

Might sound simple but I don't want it to be simple, I want the
multi-tasking to be intense. The three dragons holding the Qiraji
at bay are highly lethal, yet they can, if you don't handle them well,
easily die by the hands of the Silithid swarm. You will have to keep
up buffs and summons, using high CD AoE spells when the timing is correct
simultaneously with handling the defense and channeling by Anachronos.
Added, I can say, the Qiraji do not spawn repeatedly in the same amounts.
They spawn within intervals in different amounts, so yes you might be able to
take a breather, but the next wave could be devastating, keeping the players
on their toes.

New troops join the battle as time goes by and you can choose whether
to deploy them by Anachronos or the Front Line, Split them or move them
in between the points that needs support.

Any and all feedback is welcome, please use the poll as statistics are a great boost.

//==GooS

(I edited the spelling mistakes)

OK, with abilities... I understand how you don't want players to pick the wrong abilities, and you want to control that. But, starting with all their abilities is boring. Now, what I think, is that the game will automatically teach you the abilities throughout the game. (This is just guessing what your abilities do) I.E. Fandral Staghelm starts with the ability Ferocity. Now, at one point in the first missions he will be around a group of Night Elves, and he will learn the ability War Cry. You will receive a message that says "Note: You have received the War Cry ability. Use it to empower nearby allied units."
Also, to level abilities up, you should be able to find "Shards of Empowerment". These shards can be used to upgrade your abilities. So, you do have a choice of how you upgrade your abilities after you receive the abilities.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
OK, with abilities... I understand how you don't want players to pick the wrong abilities, and you want to control that. But, starting with all their abilities is boring. Now, what I think, is that the game will automatically teach you the abilities throughout the game. (This is just guessing what your abilities do) I.E. Fandral Staghelm starts with the ability Ferocity. Now, at one point in the first missions he will be around a group of Night Elves, and he will learn the ability War Cry. You will receive a message that says "Note: You have received the War Cry ability. Use it to empower nearby allied units."
Also, to level abilities up, you should be able to find "Shards of Empowerment". These shards can be used to upgrade your abilities. So, you do have a choice of how you upgrade your abilities after you receive the abilities.

First of all, thx for fixing the grammar :)

Secondly, Why is starting with all abilities booring?, just a question for everyone. But since people don't seem to like it I guess I'll have to do something about it. I'll do as you said, which I also suggested some posts up, that you gain abilities over time after or from certain events. Which of some I actually think of would fit good at the moment :). But I still need them to start with more than one ability to make them rotatable together with the other heroes in combination with the units for a good enough force to defeat the qiraji.

Leveling abilities as said with the Shards seems as a good idea, but still I would like other options, if anyone has any. They, as with abilities could be leveled by world events as another option.

Thx for the comment shady ;)

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Heroes will not be leveled through the campaign, they will start out with all of their skills
as full fledged epic battle is engaged in almost instantly and the abilities are needed in
combination in order to survive.

Wouldn't that make the player feel really bored after playing it for some time? At least try to make it deal more damage , more effects , etc for every agi , str or int. You also forgot about newbs! Everybody has a first try in the game, you don't expect them to ..... know about everything in the first 5 minutes? :p
Or you could just start a introduction cinematic but in my opinion it is a pain in the ass. Try to leave 5 ~ 10 minutes for player to be familar with the game , get used to it otherwise they get pissed off not knowing what happened and everything went kaboom.

That is really bad. Take a look at the warcraft 3 premade campaigns and have a look at them. The first time I bought warcraft, I was confused at what to do, the first few missions taught us about the map, try playing the campaign again and take some key pointers at them.

Hope this post helped you <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.