War Stomp/ Thunder Clap Spell Issues

Giantpanda

Reaction score
So i'm making an RPG called Battle of The Provinces and it is heavily focused around terraining. Doodads everywhere. So one of the heroes uses a spell named 'Crush', which is a modified version of War Stomp.

Now the problem is that because there are so many doodads, the terrain deformation thing attached to the spell makes my computer lag a fair bit whenever the spell is cast.

So the question is:
Can i remove the terrain deformation effect from War Stomp/Thunder Clap?

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"Can i remove the terrain deformation effect"

You are almost answering your own question.

Go to Buffs/Effects on Object Editor, and remove what you need to from Thunder Clap Effect.

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Already done that. It changes the model, but the terrain still moves up and down when the spell is cast.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
thunder clap's ground shaking is hardcoded and you can't do anything about it

but the good thing is that you can easily make a triggered thunder clap

1. pick units in range
2. damage them and cast slow on them

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Instead war stomp, use the SeaGiant's whatever spell.
One of them has it I think

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Okay i followed your advice and i came to this
Code:
Crush
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Crush 
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (50.00 x (Real((Level of Crush  for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\GlaiveMissile\GlaiveMissileTarget.mdl
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Casting unit), dealing (-50.00 x (Real((Level of Crush  for (Casting unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (100.00, 0.00)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (0.00, 100.00)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (-100.00, 0.00)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (0.00, -100.00)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Naga\NagaDeath\NagaDeath.mdl

The problem though is that it damages friendly units, what exactly did i do wrong?

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
You used the most worthless action in the editor :)

So, firstly: Learn about leaks.

Secondly, something like this may work:
Trigger:
  • Test A
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to *Your Ability*
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Points[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of Temp_Points[1]) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • *Your Effects here*
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Points[1])

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.