Warcraft 3 - Overheating during Gameplay

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
My computer reaches over 50C while gameplay. I touch the top of my computer where the power supply is and I almost burn myself. (well not really) Should I worry about this ? For now I have one side of it opened and have a regular house fan blowing in it.

t'kron

Rest in Peace My Friend
Reaction score
50C or 122F is quite hot, if the powerdupply itself is what is overheating, then I would think you should replace it ASAP.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Power supplies are relatively cheap to replace so try that... is the fan in the power supply working?

do you burn yourself on the case or the power supply itself?

Maybe you just need a bigass case fan. Some video cards are very hot.

-- I thought you weren't buying war3 because it was harder to backstab :)

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I thought so myself. When I turn on my computer, I hear a strange noise from the fan, like it's struggling to turn. Maybe I should dust my computer completly...

Right now, I am not running any games and the CPU temp is 36C. It used to be 42C before I started blowing the house fan in my computer. The system's temp is 27, which seems pretty normal comsidering it's very hot today and I don't have an Air Conditioner.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Rapmaster, I touch the case and it's fairly hot. The power supply is just as hot. It's right below where I touch the case.

I did touch my GeForce right after Warcraft gameplay. Not hot at all. The power supply and the processor area are the hot parts.

I did get Warcraft III for a reasonable price. The single-player is quite good, but the multiplayer lacks something... BS...hum... Still interesting gameplay though.

As for backstabbing, I'll have to stick to "Attack, Attack, Attack, etc." Blizzard is not stopping this backstabber.

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
I tried playing Warcraft III with an open side and the house fan blowing in it. The CPU temp went to 38 and the system temp went to 28. Obviously the problems lies with my processor's fan. I'll have to dust it completly.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lemme put it this way i know tons of puters wich run between 50-60C

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Well in that case I won't worry about it. I guess it got a little hotter because of the hot temperature.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yeah i got the same prob .. normally it is cool here ..
but with my oc'ed radeon and hotter weather the fan cooling ribs felt rather hot ..
i put a desktop fan so it blows into the open case and it cools like a mofo ..
ok little more noise but least i know the HD and the vidcard and cpu and the mobo get enough cooling at these hotdays .. man 3 days ago it was 100 F in my comp room ..
on normal days i don't need it coz the cool ribs and parts feel all cool :)

NoNameRequired

Reaction score
Yeah I did that too. Having a house fan aimed at one open side of the computer decreased the temperature greatly. However, that could cause dust to go in there easier... But I can always clean it later.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.