Warcraft Olympics help needed.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Sorry that my projects keep being dumped, i lose interest in them, this one is different though (hopefully :p).

It is kind of the olympics (and like uther party) only different ideas and a lot more mini-games.

I'll need ideas for a few more of them and help doing some of these:

-Hide and Seek
(a computer player is going to get you all and you are lost in a forest, last one standing wins)

-Catch the Chicken
(chickens are running around the place, if someone doesn't get a chicken within 20 seconds, they die, again last one standing)

-Mouse Maze
(lab rats for all are in random parts of a large maze, first one to get 2 pieces of cheese (in center of maze) wins)

-Hot Potato
(firelords are standing, who ever possesses the hot potato for more than 10 seconds dies, they must keep passing it around, last one standing (traps will be involved to make it easier when last 2 are standing))

-Runner Race
(all have demon hunters, they must obtain their flag and get back to the start to win)

-Hungry Bear
(all are footmen and must survive as long as possible without getting eaten by the bear)

I need to figure out how to go about these:

Making it so that it picks a random game and makes the camera so that you can only look at the current mini-game.

Detect who the winner is depending on what game they're playing

Doing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place system at the end of the game.

That's virtually asking help doing the whole map, atleast it is something i wont give up on ( i am terribly sorry to all who keep giving me ideas for previous projects).

Thank you to anyone who can help me out here.

~Jindo

D

Dan

here are some seggestions

Ok, I will pass on my infinate knowledge to you...
to pick a random game, try using the "pick random number between 1 and (how many games you have) and designate a number to each mini game
do this by using an integer variable for each game. If you don't know how to do this yourself your gonna have to figure another way or e mail me becuase i have a life...as for the cameras. there is the (lock game camera to unit) command and the (set game camera to ___<gen> over __ seconds) commands. easy! also i believe there is a ( turn off camera panning) command somewheres. use visibility commands also so that you have visibility in a certain area only. make a trigger for the winner making the conditions meet all of your winner requirements and then set a variable to add a point or whatever your gonna do for the winner. again, easy. at the end of the game just set up the greatest then second greatest then third greatest number of points using integers it isnt too dificult, but very repetitous as much of this editing stuff can be... and just to let you know... your pass the hot potatoe game is VERY much one of the hardest things you will ever do... im not quite sure how you would do that... i have rough ideas, but items dont have a whole lot of triggers that pertain to them... my best guess is to say if item aquired then set timer or wait 10 seconds then kill unit holding item...

[email protected]
always willing to help
-Dan "maker of games that don't catch on"

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lol, right now you have 6 games, which means 2 people could tie :p

Here is my suggestion: add in another minigame AND a tiebreaker finale.

Minigame: Stampede - You start off in a closed area, with gates behind and in front of you. A countdown timer counts down from 10 seconds, and then a horn blasts and both gates open. A huge stampede of horses streams out of the gates behind you; you need to move fast through the gates ahead of you to survive. Then, its an all-out race; at certain places, you can activate traps that slow or stun the racers behind or in front of you. If you go to slow, you are trampled into the ground (and die obviously :p). At the end, you step on a switch/small elevator that then rises up above the stampede, and you can then cross over onto the cliff next to it and step into teh circle of power to win. For the others, they must take alternate route around the cliff to a portal or whatever that lies just beyond the cliff within 20 seconds. If they don't make it, then the portal closes and they die. If they do get into the portal, then they get half - points or something and the next round starts.

Final Event: Monster Truck Dueling - This is for the tiebreaker, if there is one, and its pretty cool :shades: You get a monster truck, armed with a bunch of weapons and abilities, and go into The Arena :p. You need to fight the other player with your monster truck, and destroy their truck. You can ram them (only if they are standing still; they will be back and take damage via the slide trigger in WEU. If you are both trying to ram each other, the same thing will happen to both of you), fire your weapons (machine gun, which will need ammunition; rocket launcher, needs ammunition; laser, must find it), etc. to destroy them. Random power-ups will pop up during battle. These powerups can be acquired by driving over them. They are:

~Machine Gun Ammunition: Gives you more ammo for your guns :>)
~Rocket: Gives you a rocket you can fire at a large AoE, dealing heavy damage
~Laser: Allows you to fire a one-time, devastating laser in a line, dealing random damage on your enemy if they are hit by it; the damage can be downright trivial (grazed my bumper, no biggie :shades:) to catastrophic (AGH, IT MELTED THROUGH MY ENGINE :O).
~Wrench: Repairs your monster truck a little bit. There are 10 % repair kits, 25 % repair kits, and 50 % repair kits. Obviously, the 50 %'s pop up less.
~Invulnearability: Makes you invulnearable to ramming, bullets, and rockets.
~Nitrogen Fuel: Looks like a potion beaker. When picked up, it doubles your speed. Lasts for 10 seconds.
~Electro-Stasis Charged Armor: After it is picked up, if the other monster truck tries to ram you, they will be electrocuted; they will take moderate damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Are you saying i dont have a life?

Dan said:
Ok, I will pass on my infinate knowledge to you...
to pick a random game, try using the "pick random number between 1 and (how many games you have) and designate a number to each mini game
do this by using an integer variable for each game. If you don't know how to do this yourself your gonna have to figure another way or e mail me becuase i have a life...as for the cameras. there is the (lock game camera to unit) command and the (set game camera to ___<gen> over __ seconds) commands. easy! also i believe there is a ( turn off camera panning) command somewheres. use visibility commands also so that you have visibility in a certain area only. make a trigger for the winner making the conditions meet all of your winner requirements and then set a variable to add a point or whatever your gonna do for the winner. again, easy. at the end of the game just set up the greatest then second greatest then third greatest number of points using integers it isnt too dificult, but very repetitous as much of this editing stuff can be... and just to let you know... your pass the hot potatoe game is VERY much one of the hardest things you will ever do... im not quite sure how you would do that... i have rough ideas, but items dont have a whole lot of triggers that pertain to them... my best guess is to say if item aquired then set timer or wait 10 seconds then kill unit holding item...

[email protected]
always willing to help
-Dan "maker of games that don't catch on"

I think that you are saying:

do a andom integer between 1 and top number (more than 6 ;)) and then do (if all conditions are true then do multiple actions, else do else actions.)
If Conditions:
Integer is equal to 1
Loop Actions (loop?):
pick every player in (all players) and do (pan camera for (picked player) to center of (region assigned to 1) over 0 seconds.

Create units and all that stuff

If i misread can you please cut your writing up, i get lazy when it comes to reading huge blocks and i have a dodgy eye :p

Anway, nice idea shadowy fear, i now also need to know how to bring 2 people into that area if they both have the same amount of points.

I think i have WEU, but i am not so good with it... i am supposed to make this map in WEU or just make it then open it in WEU?

Thanks loads everyone.

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.