Warcraft Soundsets

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
I can import WAV files fine into the Sound Editor, but I can't figure out how to make a custom Soundset. In the Sound Editor, the unit sounds are separate, but I can't find any "Soundset" Files anywhere, not even in WinMPQ. I know that It has been done before, as demonstated in a few maps (Like Natures Call - Return of the Dragons). Is the only way, to overwrite the sounds of a Warcraft Soundset, and set the unit to use that one?

Thanks in advance (If anyone knows how, wich I dowbt...),
Korolen

Rad

Reaction score
I've never used imported sounds...

1: Dont know where to get ones

2: I couldn't make a good one

3: I cant hear music

Maybe you import like Icons though, where for standard you use replaceabletextures\commandbuttons\BTNambush, then disabled are commandbuttonsDISABLED\DISbtnambush, passive are PASBTN etc. And you may notice for archer the sounds are like ArcherPissed1 etc... so maybe you would import the path as like Internal\Units\NightElf\ArcherPissed1.WAV. This would probrably overwrite it, but maybe if you used the same format with like LightningElementalPissed1.WAVE it would work...

H

Heptameron

You can't change soundsets without making a mod. Hardcoded thingy. What you can do is find an existing soundset with the correct number of sounds and replace those sounds with imported sounds.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Also, to reduce your map size, make the sounds .MP3s, and rename them to .WAV

Warcraft won't know the difference, but your map size sure will.

But other than that - yes - overwrite the filenames of the existing soundsets that you want to replace.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.