Wc3map optimizer 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
3.4 :
- Fixed a tricky bug that had a chance to appear when using 'Conditions' or 'Remove useless code' , the bug was actually blizzard's fault and was really tricky.
- Fixed bugs with clean BLPs option.
- Fixed 'Remove Editor only files' not removing the listfile when Buffer size or zlib weren't used.
- 'Remove Editor only files' now removes the WE data fro item/unit tables, forces, upgrades and ability availability.
- Changed the way 'Make world editor crash' works, it no longers turns the map into an infinite loop but it adds less space.

Please check the readme before using it.

The optimizer is a program that cuts map space, and improves its performance.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
I LOVE this tool, i can't beleave how much space it saves :). Great job on it!

L

Lordbevan

Can i know what ExecuteFunc is? Is it a software that i can DL? I was just browsing the readme.

Rad

Reaction score
Ok by the sounds of what the features do only check ANY boxes if u make a backup, cuz he says it removes the WE data and edits the stuff sooooo dont do like I did and ruin a good map :rolleyes:

Also nice protection with the make WE crash its the first map protection iam ever going to use (Good thing it came out before I tested my new RPG :cool: )

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
well i tried for the first time today, used widge 1.5 before, then all the options on the optimizer other then those 2 ones not reccomended, and this is what happened, i dont believe that error was covered in the read me, so i figured id share Vex, btw i sent my map to you widgetized for you to take a look at and see what the deal is...

i have not tried to trouble shoot yet but I will later and let you know what happens, but for now im still stuck using 3.3 :(

H

Heptameron

Lordbevan said:
Can i know what ExecuteFunc is? Is it a software that i can DL? I was just browsing the readme.
ExecuteFunc is a Jass function. Basically, it allows you to take the name of the function dynamically and call it. Very handy... the problem is some optimizers change the names of functions. So that would make ExecuteFunc crash.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Ok by the sounds of what the features do only check ANY boxes if u make a backup, cuz he says it removes the WE data and edits the stuff sooooo dont do like I did and ruin a good map

The optimizer disallows to save the optimized version over the original map

well i tried for the first time today, used widge 1.5 before, then all the options on the optimizer other then those 2 ones not reccomended, and this is what happened, i dont believe that error was covered in the read me, so i figured id share Vex, btw i sent my map to you widgetized for you to take a look at and see what the deal is...

i have not tried to trouble shoot yet but I will later and let you know what happens, but for now im still stuck using 3.3

Just don't use slk optimize and Optimize Strings.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
gotcha, will do, ty for the help

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Still looks like there's some issues. With 3.4, when I optimize my map, it appears to work, I can load it in single player mode, but when attempting to host it online, it hangs at the browse for map screen.

This issue does not dupe in 2.9.

H

Heptameron

Sud said:
Still looks like there's some issues. With 3.4, when I optimize my map, it appears to work, I can load it in single player mode, but when attempting to host it online, it hangs at the browse for map screen.

This issue does not dupe in 2.9.
Sent the unprotected map to him? Saying what options you used? :p

Sud

Reaction score
My map is fulla the megabytes. He'd have to give me an email that can take attachments for me to send things to.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I have email, try reading the readme.

IF I cannot reproduce a bug, I can't fix it.

Since it is in multiplayer that would be really difficult, I can't play in multiplayer.

But it is a weird glitch though, why wouldn't it work in multiplayer?

Sud

Reaction score
Just because you have an email in the readme doesn't mean it's enabled for large attachments. I assume this? Vexorian at wc3campaigns - let me know if it can handle attachments of 6mb (zip file with 2 maps and a readme inside) - I'd be sending two sets, a working (2.9) and a non-working (3.4)

As far as I know there isn't much hack detection in custom games, though it's probably possible that something you did is setting off some kind of blizzard anti-cheat thing.

You should be able to dupe the issue even if you're on a firewall, as you can still normally get to the "names and empty slots" screen where you can start the countdown. This issue doesn't even allow it to that screen, simply hangs at the browse for map screen.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
well trying is not a bad idea, it is also GMAIL, so I don't think there is a limit, the other day I got a 3MB map.

Although I doubt I am going to be able to reproduce the bug unless it is caused by the script.

Has anyone else tried it in multiplayer?

The reason I can't use bnet, is that I would need internet access at home to do that.

Or install war3 on some random cybercafe, which would take too much time

Sud

Reaction score
Doh, looks like you're hooped then. I haven't released that version to the public because it obviously doesn't work (I revertted to 2.9 the moment it didn't)

Without a way to dupe it, we're probably dead in the water. When I get some time, I may try it out with certain features enabled/disabled to see if I can isolate it down further.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I can still use your map, chances are it is a script bug or it is a bug I can find without reproducing it

I have a tilt on what is causing this, but it depends , in the case everyone gets the same problem then I would know the solution.

Try without Romove Editor only files, since the problem happens before the player selection thing, you can try uploading it and quiting it fast to avoid people downloading it.

Rad

Reaction score
Ok I optimized a map I downloaded that was unprotected, saved 48.5% file space... I checked all the optimized settings thats all (Except make it crash) when I try to host all the buttons go black and warcraft freezes... so... whats going on? I can still play the normal map...

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Vex can't do anything based on vague descriptions of the problem, please send him your map and describe the issues to him in the email.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, try hosting those corrupted maps in LAN, too. Big chance that this will give the same issue. If it does, Vex can reproduce it without using internet!

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Yes I did that.

I was able to reproduce and fix the bug.

THe new download link is on the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.