Weapon Skins and Armours

Drazalon

Reaction score
Ive been browsing through the the hive workshop and warsearch and i noticed you can actually replace a skin like a sheild or weapons etc. How could i implement that?

Like one of my samurais aquires a different sword, they would drop their old one on the ground, giving the unit no weapon. then picking up the new aqquired weapon, using that weapons skin.

Can i do that through the object editor itself? or must i go through a bunch or triggers? Or a trigger thats universal to all the weapon items in my map?

EDIT: Also i forget... how do i make it so that my hero level limit is 100 or so.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Sorry bud.

Well, for all the skinning you would need to download additional programs, probably, and have some knowledge of the import manager. I can't help you too much with that, as my own knowledge is very limited.

On the other matter, though, go under Advanced Options - Gameplay Constants and you will be able to set the level cap of heroes and creeps to a higher value. Hope this helps you a little, bud.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
You would have to alpha out the units weapon on the skin, then add the weapon as an item or skill or such, have the weapon create an attachment on the units hand with the skin of the given weapon. That way, when they drop it, the weapon dissappears and they can pick up another one.

Its kinda annoying that you would need seperate models for each weapon-attachment, since the skins can't swap ingame, but some like that can be a double sided quad, or triangle for that matter, just have a skin of a sword, and alpha out all the negative space. As long as the weapons attachment point is lined up, it'll work fine. The only problem with finding a model like that, is its so simple no one would have done it, I bet you can find someone who will be happy to get you a triangle or two though.

Drazalon

Reaction score
oh ok. ouch thats ganna take forever to remove the weapon polys from 15 units O___O

considering the fact im still new to modeling xD

ty guys +Rep to both

R

rinside

HEROE LVL 100
In Menu of Warcraft III World Editor: Go to "ADVANCED", "Gameplay Constants" (Use Custom Gameplay Constants)Edit: (Hero Maximum Level = 100)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.