Well... trying to learn jass...

12sea21

Reaction score
I am trying to learn jass but i dont know where to start.... i know some functions... e.g.
JASS:

Call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'hfoo', Player(0) CenterRect,

somthing like that...

Where to Continue/Start learning jass?:banghead:

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Use the button that looks like a little globe with something in front of it, lol not really sure what it is. But it's on the right hand side of the font colour button.

Good luck with your jass'ing. :)

12sea21

Reaction score
Thanks.... i +Repped you.
I need some more help though... with this:
JASS:
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventperiodic( gg_trg_UnitCreate, 2 )

it says : Expected a function name... ??!!?!?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Thanks.... i +Repped you.
I need some more help though... with this:
JASS:
call TriggerRegisterTimerEventperiodic( gg_trg_UnitCreate, 2 )

it says : Expected a function name... ??!!?!?

JASS is case sensitive.

try TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic instead.
Also, the function you call is a so called BJ - it is in Blizzards expansion for the Common API. When you look it up in the API, you see the following:
JASS:
function TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic takes trigger trig, real timeout returns event
    return TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(trig, timeout, true)
endfunction

So you see all it does is calling a Common.j function with an additional parameter. This behaviour is typical for BJs. As every aditional function call will need more CPU time, this behaviour will slow down your map - so it is best to avoid it and call the native directly with the additional parameter:
JASS:
call TriggerRegisterTimerEvent( gg_trg_UnitCreate, 2, true)

PS:
BJ = abbrev. for Blizzard JASS
native = a function that talks with the game engine directly, not using any helper functions. You can't code these yourself without modding the engine. All of them are located in the Common.j

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
When you're coding in JASS, you always want to check the spelling and casing. If you type even one thing wrong, you ERROR. :O JASS is that way. You can use JASSCraft. It will automatically capitalize everything etc. And it has function browser.

12sea21

Reaction score
i do use JC and now i use JassNewGen, i finally made my own trigger!! YES!!! and it didnt work... because of a ' , '. Then i fixed it xD only because of a ',' it didnt work.. gahh

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I screwed up my entire system with a missing param once. >_> I took five days trying to figure it out.

12sea21

Reaction score
ouch.... 5 days you went over the system... i think Jass is a bit harder to deal with.. *cracks knuckles*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.