WhiteRa is streaming

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I made this thread for a coupple of reasons, one of which is that this is not TL, this is TH, another that I don't see why I shouldn't make a thread dedicated to one player, it is easy to see and also a place where people can discuss what they have seen on the stream.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have to agree with Vestras on some level. You wont have time to update this everytime he streams while the streamlist on Teamliquid automatically does that. Why would anyone read this thread to see if he's streaming when the info is most likely outdated while they could just type in teamliquid.com(without navigating to a specific thread) and see if he's streaming or not.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well this calls for a "omfg"

First of all read the description again, notice the edit.

Further more proof that someone did benefit from this also you can see when this was posted.

Funny, how you don't contribute one bit to any of the sub forms of TH.net and yet you seem to question most of the initiatives I start. Why don't you try to contribute and see how good you do ? ;]

One last thing, with your train of thoughts there shouldn't be any SCII forums, because why, since blizzard already made theirs, right ? Your logic is as valid as a knife in a gunfight.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I missed the edit and I agree that it makes the thread somewhat more useful.

The link of your "proof" that someone profited from it is another case. You posted a thread to discuss an event(TLO's 24h streaming which I have no problem with you posting since it makes people aware of the event) this lead to Accname watching his stream after which he thanked you with appreciation because it made him check out the stream.

Let's say someone else made this thread before you. Take me for example. I am not perfect, I have school and a social life(as I know you have as well) so the thread is not always correct. Since you're very impressed by White-Ra, you obviously like to see when he streams.

The question is, to get to know when he streams, would you type in teamliquid.net and just look in the bar to the right or would you type in thehelper.net, go to the starcraft II forums, go into my thread and watch the status there(which MIGHT be wrong as well)

And yes, you are correct. I do not contribute much. You contribute more than I do, many of the things you post are actually useful and informing. I just don't think this is one of them. I don't contribute because I don't really see the point atm. Thehelper's Starcraft 2 community can almost be counted on your 10 fingers.

For the record, the reason I am criticizing your posts specifically is nothing personal. It's just that they're the easiest to argue against, and yes. I do like to argue. It's one of my many entertainments in life.

And I don't propose that there should be no Starcraft II forums except for Blizzard's own. I am just saying that this thread doesn't fill a purpose(well if you disregard the edit and even if you don't, it's still kind of little reason to start a thread)

Also, if you want me to contribute, I could start some threads on my own.

Example 1: "Thorzain - the Swedish Viking

I am extremely impressed by ThorZain's recent play. I just wish he would use Thor's more because that fits so well with his name. Oh, and it'd be awesome if he streamed, I'd love to see him stream regularly. Discuss what you think about Thorzain."

This would get about 3 replies because that's about how many people on this forum knows who Thorzain is. Personally, I don't care what 3 people think about Thorzain. Well, not enough to take the time to make a post about it.

When you post a thread, you do it for a reason. There's two parts to your thread.

1. Help people by informing them when White-Ra is streaming. People who are interested can just save time and go to teamliquid and I mentioned earlier.
2. Discuss White-Ra as a player. I don't know what kind of responses you want but apparently those future responses was worth your time to post the thread.

Final note: Also yes. My logic is as valid as Chuck Norris wielding a knife in a gunfight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.