Whos down for creating new dota hero "slark the murloc" lol :P

INCINERATE

Reaction score
man this hero is awesome. who can make this hero for me so i can put into my footy map .. jass or gui doesn't matter .. mui if possible :p

Dark Pact ()
Slark calls upon deities of the swamps to seal a dark pact. Sacrificing some of his lifeblood, Slark is redeemed of all negative effects. After 2 seconds, a dark wave of destruction emits from theNightcrawler, dealing damage to himself as well as all nearby enemies.
Level 1 - Deals 75 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 225 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 300 damage.
Cooldown: 10

Pounce () (sort of like mirana's leap,but grabs the first unit you leap on holding it in place)
Surges directly forward and latches on to the first enemy he hits, binding it with chains of darkness. The enemy is unable to move more than 275 distance away from the point of impact for 3.5 seconds.
Level 1 - Pounce Range: 400
Pounce Damage: 50
Leash Range: 275
Leash Duration: 3.5
Level 2 - Pounce Range: 500
Pounce Damage: 75
Level 3 - Pounce Range: 600
Pounce Damage: 100
Level 4 - Pounce Range: 700
Pounce Damage: 125
Cooldown: 16

Essence Shift ()
Reciting ancient Nightcrawler incantations, Slark enchants his blade to steal the power and courage from his enemies. Every time Slark hits an enemy hero, he steals 1 point from all attributes and 1 additional from the main attribute of that enemy hero while Slark gains 4 points of Agility.
Level 1 - Duration: 15 sec.
Level 2 - Duration: 30 sec.
Level 3 - Duration: 45 sec.
Level 4 - Duration: 60 sec

Shadow Dance ()
Covers himself with a dark smoke, he becomes invisible and does not reveal himself while attacking or casting spells for 5.5 seconds. Passively increasesNightcrawler's movement speed and regeneration when he is out of sight of hostile units. Has a 0.7 delay when activated or deactivated.
Level 1 - Movement Speed: 30%
Health Regeneration: 2%
Level 2 - Movement Speed: 35%
Health Regeneration: 3%
Level 3 - Movement Speed: 40%
Health Regeneration: 4%

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Dark Pact ()
Slark calls upon deities of the swamps to seal a dark pact. Sacrificing some of his lifeblood, Slark is redeemed of all negative effects. After 2 seconds, a dark wave of destruction emits from theNightcrawler, dealing damage to himself as well as all nearby enemies.

So Slark the Murloc is a Nightcrawler?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yup, I guess IceFrog made a competition for the new hero.

Vaius

Reaction score
man this hero is awesome. who can make this hero for me so i can put into my footy map .. jass or gui doesn't matter .. mui if possible :p

Wait, is this a DotA Hero or a Footy Hero?

Dark Pact ()
Level 1 - Deals 75 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 225 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 300 damage.
Cooldown: 10

So, wait, how much damage does it do to Slark? The same it does to the enemy?

Pounce () (sort of like mirana's leap,but grabs the first unit you leap on holding it in place)
Surges directly forward and latches on to the first enemy he hits, binding it with chains of darkness. The enemy is unable to move more than 275 distance away from the point of impact for 3.5 seconds.
Level 1 - Pounce Range: 400
Pounce Damage: 50
Level 2 - Pounce Range: 500
Pounce Damage: 75
Level 3 - Pounce Range: 600
Pounce Damage: 100
Level 4 - Pounce Range: 700
Pounce Damage: 125
Cooldown: 16

So, wait, is the person being pounced, chained, or leashed? It seems to me pouncing would make more sense dazing the person...

Essence Shift ()
Reciting ancient Nightcrawler incantations, Slark enchants his blade to steal the power and courage from his enemies. Every time Slark hits an enemy hero, he steals 1 point from all attributes and 1 additional from the main attribute of that enemy hero while Slark gains 4 points of Agility.

Er, seems a bit... overpowered?

Shadow Dance ()
Covers himself with a dark smoke, he becomes invisible and does not reveal himself while attacking or casting spells for 5.5 seconds. Passively increasesNightcrawler's movement speed and regeneration when he is out of sight of hostile units. Has a 0.7 delay when activated or deactivated.
Level 1 - Movement Speed: 30%
Health Regeneration: 2%
Level 2 - Movement Speed: 35%
Health Regeneration: 3%
Level 3 - Movement Speed: 40%
Health Regeneration: 4%

Hm... would covering yourself in dark smoke really turn you invisible/hard to see? Let's see...

screenshot20091224at729.png

...apparently not.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Essence Shift ()

I'm guessing this is ability only affects heroes. Does it stack?

INCINERATE

Reaction score
yea only heroes, and it does stack

Wait, is this a DotA Hero or a Footy Hero? Dota hero

So, wait, how much damage does it do to Slark? The same it does to the enemy? 1/2 damage to slark at all levels while full damage to creeps and 75% to heroes cause of natural magic resistance

So, wait, is the person being pounced, chained, or leashed? It seems to me pouncing would make more sense dazing the person... The leap is like miranas leap in the sense that you have to be facing the direction first, then leap .. if you leap onto a target, it will deal damage and hold the hero in place (it can move around a lil bit) he also has a cool shadowy black animation while leaping

Er, seems a bit... overpowered? Not really

Hm... would covering yourself in dark smoke really turn you invisible/hard to see? Let's see... well nothing in war3 makes sense anyway .. but the effect looks cool :p

screenshot20091224at729.png

...apparently not.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill tell you this, the hero is not made to be on a footies map

the extra movement and health regen (really.... 4%? if a hero's hp regen is ~10 per second <from str bonus and mabey a prevervative> 4% of that is .4, so when hes out of sight he gets less then a single point of hp regen... how would that aspect of the skill be usefull!?) will almost never work because of how footies maps work with the middle of the map constantly reveiled to the player, once he steps out of his base the whopping +40% ms poofs, so the passive aspect of the ability is gone from there

This is a footies map where talking about, your not going to be constantly eating a hero's stats away (not to mention because he IS an agi prime, he gets +4% AS and +4 damage per hit because of the stat stealing) so this ability will rarely proc

Leap will almost always hit a fodder unit so the spell is only usefull when running away from a hord

The only spell that would be usefull in a footies styled map would be his first skill because of the AoE damage and the cancle all debuffs

Ill tell you this from the get go, this is a hero killer. Footies map is a unit spawn mass fest with heros stuck in for extra farming.

The primary gold source is from killing OTHER UNITS, sure killing a hero is 400 gold or so, but in those maps killing off about 7~10 units will grant you the same ammount, which i will say this, you will be killing alot more units then heros.

Because of this, the hero is not made for a footies map, no matter how awesome or imba he is in dota, Dota and Footies are diffrent games and the AI for the creeps is now a player and not a computer, so they see this murloc on the feild, the first thing their gona do is surround and slaughter because theres no escape for the hero <note because they use alter revival, the time lost in reviving will cost the player alot more then this hero is worth>

INCINERATE

Reaction score
are you sure u even have the slightest clue what your talking about? i dont mean to be rude but you really dont

ill tell you this, the hero is not made to be on a footies map

the extra movement and health regen (really.... 4%? if a hero's hp regen is ~10 per second <from str bonus and mabey a prevervative> 4% of that is .4, so when hes out of sight he gets less then a single point of hp regen... how would that aspect of the skill be usefull!?) will almost never work because of how footies maps work with the middle of the map constantly reveiled to the player, once he steps out of his base the whopping +40% ms poofs, so the passive aspect of the ability is gone from there

The middle of the map does not reveal invisible units (there is dust of appearance for that, and what do you mean by being seen making his passive useless? his passive does not have anything to do with being seen)

This is a footies map where talking about, your not going to be constantly eating a hero's stats away (not to mention because he IS an agi prime, he gets +4% AS and +4 damage per hit because of the stat stealing) so this ability will rarely proc

this hero has a tripple combo spell, and after first fight, the mid clears up where ppl start to hero wars the centre ( your aoe spell will get you threw the first mass) , when mid game comes along, some teams use units, some teams don't .. Hello ? jaood is an example, this hero never has to use units, strictly item hoarding. there are many ways to play the map, the fact is you haven't even seen my map, nor know what its about so you should not presume something wont work. off so little.

Leap will almost always hit a fodder unit so the spell is only usefull when running away from a hord

The only spell that would be usefull in a footies styled map would be his first skill because of the AoE damage and the cancle all debuffs

Ill tell you this from the get go, this is a hero killer. Footies map is a unit spawn mass fest with heros stuck in for extra farming.

rubbish.. this map is played depending on the hero you get, "if you get potm , you want a tech, if you get blademaster or jaood, you want to item hoard, if you get a mixed hero that supports and farms such as tc, either is good , As far as im concerned, murloc is a mixed, he has slight hero killing potential with good farming potential.

The primary gold source is from killing OTHER UNITS, sure killing a hero is 400 gold or so, but in those maps killing off about 7~10 units will grant you the same ammount, which i will say this, you will be killing alot more units then heros.

i can grantee you that you dont have anywhere near the experience i do with footmen frenzy to tell me what the metagame is like, ive been playing it ever since i started war3, and i have my own map. each hero has its role, this isnt 1v1 .. my role would be farming/hero killing, my team mates could be healer and other hero tech supporter/disabler .. theres never a hero that that has the means to do everything, or else it would be imba

Because of this, the hero is not made for a footies map, no matter how awesome or imba he is in dota, Dota and Footies are diffrent games and the AI for the creeps is now a player and not a computer, so they see this murloc on the feild, the first thing their gona do is surround and slaughter because theres no escape for the hero <note because they use alter revival, the time lost in reviving will cost the player alot more then this hero is worth>

i dont know why you presume i will put him in (if somebody makes him for me) , with his exact same stats as dota , his spells/damage every value would be changed to fit footy. e.gs are .. less self damage to himself from his first aoe spell, very short cooldown for pounce, more stat gain from hitting units with his passive, a regen that doesnt deactivate when being hit from his ultimate. All these are things i can do to make this hero viable..

i made this post asking if somebody can make him for me :) ..not to argue whether he is viable or not .

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Played Slark many times. Very familiar how he works. Sure, I will make him when I have free time. Seems fun to make.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
He's not really overpowered... I beat him dozen of times.. His low hp pool makes him more vulnerable than meepo..

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
LMFAO nice incin. I but dont u need 6 levels for normal abilities and 3 for the ultimate. Come to think of it u could just do it yourself.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
LMFAO nice incin. I but dont u need 6 levels for normal abilities and 3 for the ultimate. Come to think of it u could just do it yourself.

It's 4 levels for normal and 3 levels for ultimate.

I've play him a couple times in the past few days, super IMBA.

Sure he is IMBA, only if you can survive that long. He has paper health, which makes him easily killed. His ultimate's passive is easily countered by Amplify Damage or Track. His ultimate's active can be countered with 180 gold (dust). So he isn't exactly IMBA.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Glenphir not the dota skills i mean for his map he uses 6 levels for normal spells and 3 for the ultimate.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
We aren't meant to discuss dota here.
I mean, talk about the hero sure, but people are discussing the game, which is a bit off topic.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
It's 4 levels for normal and 3 levels for ultimate.

Sure he is IMBA, only if you can survive that long. He has paper health, which makes him easily killed. His ultimate's passive is easily countered by Amplify Damage or Track. His ultimate's active can be countered with 180 gold (dust). So he isn't exactly IMBA.

He can use his ability to remove track/amplify/dust. So the only thing that can counter his ult is wards/gems/necrobook.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.