Why Discussion Forums have lost out as a platform for websites.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Mainly because of Reddit. Besides that, all the forum software that is out there does not have an easy way to deal with spam and does not have a good way of integrating a common login.

If forum software creators would get together and share all there data between each other and allow trusted users to automatically register on partner accounts the platform might proliferate. There are only so many manual forum registrations real humans can do. If there was a common hub of spam account notification that would fix the problem I think. Unfortunately we Xenforo users are locked to a certain way of finding spam - and that means nobody ever gets through. Most forums are marked as spam on email confirmations. There needs to be a way that users for forum software do not have to go through the registration process and that means they should try to attach to places like facebook and other social media so that they can go through there vetting process.

Food for thought.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
And out of the blue there is a new category on certain Google search results page labeled discussions and forums...

I wish our Xenforo software integrated with Facebook and other social media accounts better. None of the discussion forum software does really. They seem to have some other kind of focus. We have the latest version of our forum software and I just cannot see where they are going with the enhancements they are doing....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.