Why is Defense of the Ancients so hated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HS-Avatar

just wondering, i spend to much time playing lod or dow wa to be a regular on wc3, but it seems you either hate or love dota

so far in the common chat room channels usa west 1-4 everyone but 2 people said they hated dota, either its to slow, rigged, or non melee which according to them is "true wc". i was just wondering why people dislike it so much, please post why you dont like dota if you feel like helping me know whats up. tyvm

PS= i like dota because it is a creative game, and its well balanced, once you learn to play with every hero you see they all are good when using the right items and played the right way. i am a novice only played about 50+ dota games.

what i dont like about dota. abusive hosts, abusive players, impatient players and hosts, i was banned on the local banlist i guess because i didnt play the sniper well, and i had 1 death, and i took out 2 towers(was doing good for early start) 2 people on our side left game so host got mad and banned 3 players for being "Noobs". also, if your teammates curse at you constantly and insult you, and you leave, your banned. i dont think its right, but nothing i can do about it. either play with friends only(dont game enough to make any) or dont play at all is what it breaks down to.

PS= im an adult gamer, like the thousands of other adult gamers, we try to be patient will our younger gamers, but they seem to be more insulting. pretty soon, playing an online game will lead to anger issues, my own friend stopped playing online games alltogether due to a very rude gamer on starcraft. more and more people will grow tired of dealing with jerks and soon the only people to play those games will be jerks, using and abusing each other, then the politicians and anti video game advocates will be able to say, "look, see we were right about games, they only lead to bad things.

i would like to add one last comment, remember something. no matter how good you get on a game, your still a noob on a differant game, what happens when you buy a new game, and get insulted and find playing the game with others has no enjoyment what so ever, you dont play games to be treated like shiz, you play to have fun. dont ruin others fun with childish insults and handicap programs.

try to remember this

Pro means snob

Noob means works for a living

dont "flame" people because they dont devote as much time to this game than you do or have disabilities that limit their learning skills. i.e ADHD or ADD

but aside from angry kids with no supervision and child molesters looking for their next date id say online games are cool and we should start acting like a community, showing at least some respect, before you insult the wrong psycho, make love not war man.lmao :nuts: < i just really like this smiley!

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There have been many threads like this before (Before the crash maybe), and most were closed due to arguments... Some people like DOTA, some people don't like it, who cares? It's just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.