why LEFT!?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
This post is meaningless. Anyway who cares. I think it makes no difference in their appearance. When modeling, I found that its easier to make the sword in the left hand, don't know why.

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
How bigoted. Only about 90% of people are right-handed in our world. It might be even lower in Azeroth, or higher. We just have no empirical data on this, but if footies are any indication, it is lower. Just accept it.

edit: There's also the chance that they choose to use their shields with their dominant hands. o_O

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I once read in something about legend of zelda that Link is left-handed because warriors usually use their dominate hand with their shield like DuckieKing said. Or it could just be the fact that footmen knows they are going to get killed later in the game. And just use their shield with their dominate hand trying to not die.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Just accept it. I'm a lefty and so are the other units. It is not like every unit has to be a righty. I'd be mad then. :D

G

Galmar

On this subject I remember that stairways in castle keeps used to wind around a certain way very tightly, because they wanted the sword hand of the defenders to be trapped against the center meaning only their shield hand could be used, and vice versa with the defenders.

This lead to a situation where the guy coming up the stairs could do nothing but cover himself with his shield and hope.

But yea, IIRC arent peasants also left handed? I guess maybe it was just like CS early on, some left handed nub made it that way.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
There lived a great king, Dand Ruff was his name, located in Azeroth. He was a great and noble warrior, as well. People loved him.

Once, there was a great battle between the Alliance and the Orcs. King Ruff fell dead in the middle of the battle, his left hand, which carried the sword, was cut off.

To this day, footmen are trained to carry their sword in their left hand, to honor Dand Ruff.

Alternatively, I just made up this story. Was nice, though, wasn't it?

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Acually his name wasnt 'Dand Ruff' but 'Man Duff' also know as Duff Man
ps.
are left handed "world-editors" better? :D

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
This post is meaningless. Anyway who cares. I think it makes no difference in their appearance. When modeling, I found that its easier to make the sword in the left hand, don't know why.

Probably because the model is facing towards you making your right side his left side. Thus making it easier if you are right handed, somehow.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Quite simply you would definately want to protect your life (using a shield) with your stronger (in most cases) right hand.
Besides...I assume that the Blizzard employee who made those models was left handed so he kind of did it...well because he could :p

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Quite simply you would definately want to protect your life (using a shield) with your stronger (in most cases) right hand.

I would be rather more offensive and hold the sword in my "best" arm, just to "neutralize" my opponent before he does the same with me.:p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Sword won't help if your opponent is an archer.
Shield will.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well I guess that might work as well - tell your opponent that, he will start laughing and you may get close enough...

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Another perspective, didn't think of that. It might actually work, too! And it even won't trigger the cooldown or waste mana. Excellent.

What are we talking about, again?:rolleyes:

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I would be rather more offensive and hold the sword in my "best" arm, just to "neutralize" my opponent before he does the same with me.:p

He will neutralize you first since you're defending with your wrong hand and he's defending with his good hand :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.