Will more RAM improve my gaming performance?

IrfanSadib

Reaction score
Hey people,

I'm new in this page. I wanted to add another 2GB DDR2 RAM in my system hoping to increase my gaming performance. My present system spec is -

Intel Dual Core 2.4GHz
Nvidia XFX 9400GT 1024MB DDR2 PCI
2GB DDR2 RAM
500GB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

So I was wondering do you gyz think this might boost my gaming performance?!

F.Y.I - with the current spec I finished almost all the game released so far. Like Brotherhood, Crysis2, Dead Space 2, GTA IV etc. Though for most of the new games, I had to reduce Resolution and texture quality.

Please lemme kno :)

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Hey people,

I'm new in this page. I wanted to add another 2GB DDR2 RAM in my system hoping to increase my gaming performance. My present system spec is -

Intel Dual Core 2.4GHz
Nvidia XFX 9400GT 1024MB DDR2 PCI
2GB DDR2 RAM
500GB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate

So I was wondering do you gyz think this might boost my gaming performance?!

F.Y.I - with the current spec I finished almost all the game released so far. Like Brotherhood, Crysis2, Dead Space 2, GTA IV etc. Though for most of the new games, I had to reduce Resolution and texture quality.

Please lemme kno :)
#1 - Please start a new topic rather than hijack this one.
#2 - A new graphics card would do you more justice.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Indeed, a graphics card would be the way to go. That is your main bottleneck.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of dual core CPU is that? Pentium Dual-Core? Assuming that is the case and that your graphics card is older PCIe instead of PCIe 2.0, I would probably save money toward getting a new machine at some point in the future - it's generally more difficult (and more expensive) to find components for older machines.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
answering the question and not questioning the answer..

2GB is just too low ..4GB of ram will improve the expierence ..
IF.... and Ghan pointed that one out clearly... it is cheap.. .. If the ram is expensive follow Ghan's advise.

Wargy
http://cctld.dk

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
2gb of DDR2 RAM is about 20e (30$), so it's less expensive than anything else you could buy. Might i suggest plugging in a 250 GTS card in for about 80 e (110$) if you have that to spare, i have one and so far i hadn't had problems running anything on ultra high that i wanted to (SC 2 included), and i have a 2.4ghz dual core and 4gb of ddr2 ram.

My machine is also about 5 years old now, and i'll most likely be looking into replacing it if i can't run Skyrim at full (which i probably won't be able to do).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.