Will this stop leaks?

K

Kevin

So I have a new question about stopping leaks.

A lot of my triggers reference the same exact point.

i.e.: center of Region A.

If I start adding a bunch of leak removal code (some of which won't be used), it'll make my map bigger.

What if I just make an map initialization trigger that pre-stores these centers of regions into global variables.

Then when I reference these centers of regions, I instead reference the variable.

That prevents the leakage right? Because the point being referenced is always going to be the same point and that's stored in the variable.

Also, same thing with special effects. Is it possible to store a special effect in a variable, then, call to function that variable to show the special and making it so it doesn't leak?!

Leo

Reaction score
If your going to be using the point over and over, just do as you suggested and set it to a global at map initialization.

Also just FYI, code takes up very little space in your map, especially if you use vexorian's optimizer. Code isn't what makes your big, its other stuff like imports.

K

Kevin

Well i got a ton of triggers and stuff, so much so I had to get creative how I listed them because the map would start hiccuping during compile.

Ok so I can also do the global thingy for the Special Effects? Such as storing a lightning blast in a variable then calling upon that variable?

:D that'll make it easier. I use lightning blasts a LOT in my map. A LOT!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.