hello
ive searched for wisp wheels the change shape on thehelper
and i came across one thread but didnt rly help much
it said like cos, sin and tan i think idk
can some1 explain what those are for
and how that makes the wisp wheel change shape:p

T

Tubba

sin, cos and tan, are, in short, used to measure triangles. They can also be useful for calculating circular movement and whatnot.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
what exactly are you trying to make your wisp wheel do?

sin, cos, and tan are mathematical functions, you should learn about them in math

i want it to like lets say 5 wisps spin around the center unit with an offset of like idk 100 so its close
then i want it to like expand so the offset it larger so its farther away
but id want to to move smoothly and like its hard to explain , but i want it to constantly do that if you understand :p

sin, cos and tan, are, in short, used to measure triangles. They can also be useful for calculating circular movement and whatnot.

o i guuess thats why its used in wisp wheels XD

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Make a trigger that's going every 0.02 seconds and do that
Move unit instantly to polar offset thing and make it have an offset of about 100 and make it be a degree of about let's say 0 and every so seconds it'll change the offset and the degree so it will move out and also in a circular motion and when the offset equals 1000 make it reduce, I cbf making it because it's 5am :| bed time!
But it shouldn't be too hard, no need for sine cosine and tansine (I know it's not tansine).

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
well ok maybe what i want doesnt nee that stuff
but i still wana learn
like ive seen wisp wheels that are circles, then turn in a sqaure then like a diamondish thing XD

and its tagent
i think

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
so your trying to make a wisp wheel go in a diamond/square? try setting 4 points to make your corners, make a point var array of 4, then give each wisp a custom value to help determine where they should go, and then pick all the units in the wisp wheel and order them to move to your point, and check if they are there, then order them to go to the next one and change their custom value

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
ill make a tut how to do simple patterns if i remember how to when i get home. it means i have to redo it all. i had a couple of different ones. But you mean like the ones in maze of the damned where it goes from boxes to circles? then 3 inside and 4 outside? like that or just moving from small portions between each wisp to big portions ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.