WoW DotA

R

Renshin

Here is my Wow DotA map :)
Its completely finished, but its fully playable (sounds, items combo's etc.)
Thx to all the ppl here at helpernet that helped me with some complex problems (like the server split)

Enjoy!
PLZ Email me if you like the map and would like to comment on it.

Download here : http://rapidshare.de/files/5194282/DotA_World_of_Warcraft_v.1.99fix.w3x.html

Have Fun :)

P.S. I had to host the map here coz the site wasn't working.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Awesome.

Edit: Okay I've played the map and these are my comments.
The terrain is far to similar to DotA and I suggest making a central base on each side and having 3-5 paths.
The items are my major complaint. They are nearly identical to DotA. The few custom items you've added however are great and the icon/name changes also show promise.
The heros are good and seem reasonably balanced. Theres a decent variety but I suggest each race having a couple of bonus abilities and a few more spells for each class.
The heros and items need to be more like WoW though.
The name should be changed. DotA is classified as a AoS so call you map AoSWoW or something.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The submit maps page is now fixed. Sorry for the downtime but apparently it just broke on its own. We made no changes to it and unfortunately nobody reported it was broken until now.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Renshin said:
Here is my Wow DotA map :)
Its completely finished, but its fully playable (sounds, items combo's etc.)

Why the "But"?

It sounds fun.. except u might want to change ur description... (the wow dota thing)

Sargon

Reaction score
I loaded it up, took one look at the minimap, took one look at my main base, and quit it in disgust.

Taking the DotA terrain and changing the tileset doesn't make it yours.

S

Starlite

hey sargon, if it has dota in the name, it cant belong to them even if you use your own terrain, someones already made a DotA map lol, so they dont have an orignial idea, just stole it from dota

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Sargon said:
I loaded it up, took one look at the minimap, took one look at my main base, and quit it in disgust.

Taking the DotA terrain and changing the tileset doesn't make it yours.

doesn't sound fun no more...

Well, not like I can even try it...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Bull.

You can't copyright a map. It belongs to Blizzard, not you :p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
... It says the World Editor in no reason belongs to Blizzard or something like that on the loading thing of the World Editor... And besides the DOTA people took time on their OWN thing

S

Starlite

actually, it says that blizzard does not directly support the editor...

because it allows you to manipulate almost every asect of warcraft III

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Bull.

You can't copyright a map. It belongs to Blizzard, not you :p

Maps are the intellectual property of the creators. As such, the creators have control over them.

In a bizarre twist of irony, I'm talking about this in reference to DotA.

However, even beyond that, this map will never fly on battle.net because of the...copied elements.

B

BlizzScripts

well i test the map and i didnt see betters things....
if u want make a DotA , u need something new.. like heros ..items .. abilities
if u do a worst DotA u wont be able to return sucess.

TPOX

Reaction score
... It says the World Editor in no reason belongs to Blizzard or something like that on the loading thing of the World Editor... And besides the DOTA people took time on their OWN thing

90% of dotas spells where taken from wc3campaigns.com

I give them no credit whatsoever, redo the terrain and make a new item system rechange some spells and organize it and it might be a fun map. Now.. did u manage somehow to open Dota and edit? or create it froms cratch and basically copy the main idea of it?

TPOX

Reaction score
hmm interesting id like to find one.... not to copy but to test out my heros im creating that im planning on sending in to dota just to try at a change to get them added in... most likely wont but you never know lol.

You should just copy the necessary code off that map and REDO everything from scratch so its mostly original and possibly copy items give em diff names and add other bonuses and change various things. Only problem is most of dota these days is Jass or am i wrong?

Also for the weapons, you could try some triggers to do instead of just a flat bonus damage.... do like 100-200dmg or something add weapon speed that deducts speed ect. It gets mixed results on how it works but balances out perfectly on power and usefulness, only problem is the ways of attack such as smart atk and attack atk... havent quite figured out a way to just dedect a melee/range attack. ;/

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Plz stop calling Resnins map a "dota" map. (one of my pet peeves) Its an aos (which stands for aeon of strife (Sarg told me that i remeber:)).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.