WoW Movie

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My friend is making a WoW movie and he asked me how to "cut out" the character with a black background. Not as picture but with animation.

I said maybe a movie editing proram but prob WoW model viewer. Does anyone know how it works?

Thanks

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Well, I strongly recommend you to post this on a forum specialized in this, We don't have much active WoW players on this forum, even less WoW players who can edit. Anyway, just a question did you get inspired by Tales of the past movies? :rolleyes:

I don't have much experiencing in editing and such, but one way to do it is maybe to fraps the animation from Model Viewer and cut it out from there.

Y

yabyab

I've seen many people using this black background(sometime its white) in their movies. I always wondered how they did it, I was told that a some sort of a "hack" that would give you the options to dress up and create any character in WoW and having a solid back ground behind them (black or white).

As for the program editor most of them use Adobe Premiere.

If you know which "hack" that does this please let us know, I'm really interested in it.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I don't think its a hack, You can let a character walk on the model viewer with any equip. I guess, since model viewer uses a blue background you just substitute it with black and - tada - it should work. You'd need to film it with FRAPS though.( Like a Bluebox).

I'll try it.

Cornface

Reaction score
I've seen many people using this black background(sometime its white) in their movies. I always wondered how they did it, I was told that a some sort of a "hack" that would give you the options to dress up and create any character in WoW and having a solid back ground behind them (black or white).

As for the program editor most of them use Adobe Premiere.

If you know which "hack" that does this please let us know, I'm really interested in it.

You can actually change the models in-game. For example, let's say you have The Onslaught Shoulderpads, but you replace the model to let's say Doomplate shoulderguards. Now you will see everyone with the onslaught shoulders look like they have the Doomplate. This is only client side, so they will still see you with the Onslaught, but you will see yourself with Doomplate. I did this really long ago making my Arcanist gear look like tier 2.5 Paladin. But I really don't remember how to do it, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a guide.

The only downside is that every major patch the patch.mpq file change, so the change will be reseted and you will have to do it again.

Y

yabyab

I don't think its a hack, You can let a character walk on the model viewer with any equip. I guess, since model viewer uses a blue background you just substitute it with black and - tada - it should work. You'd need to film it with FRAPS though.( Like a Bluebox).

I'll try it.

I've never heard of the model viewer does it have a blank background? that's amazing. You seem like you know the answer already? lol so what was that you were looking for? use model viewer, FRAPS it and Adobe Premier the video(changing the background color and editing..etc). How do I access the Model Viewer btw?

Y

yabyab

You can actually change the models in-game. For example, let's say you have The Onslaught Shoulderpads, but you replace the model to let's say Doomplate shoulderguards. Now you will see everyone with the onslaught shoulders look like they have the Doomplate. This is only client side, so they will still see you with the Onslaught, but you will see yourself with Doomplate. I did this really long ago making my Arcanist gear look like tier 2.5 Paladin. But I really don't remember how to do it, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a guide.

The only downside is that every major patch the patch.mpq file change, so the change will be reseted and you will have to do it again.

yeah but you will not get a blank background using this method. I've heard of skin hacks(the infamous naked hack). These change how specific items look by altering the game file. However, you won't get this black/white blank background.

Cornface

Reaction score
yeah but you will not get a blank background using this method. I've heard of skin hacks(the infamous naked hack). These change how specific items look by altering the game file. However, you won't get this black/white blank background.

I think the only way to achieve that is to "cut out" the animation from a movie file.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
the model viewer + fraps works well since fraps only films the model + the background. You can also play any animation.

Model viewer also has a record function but it didnt work that well for me.

Thanks for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.