RPG Wrath of the North ORPG

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
In the faraway outer rim of the Thelrian Empire lies a land where danger is always afoot. As the barbarian hordes of the Northlands close in on the Heartland, a land once of opportunity has turned into a place of greed and peril.

And in the Empire's darkest hour, a hero will arise from its darkest place....

Wrath of the North ORPG

Choose from four unique heroes and journey through a land near forsaken by the Empire. Using a unique combat system, fight your way through the dangers of a land tempered by greed and hate.

Epic Storyline
Each player will be able to experience the Wrath of the North story firsthand, solo or with allies. It is only you that stands between the Northern Barbarians and their goal: complete conquest.

Story Thus Far:

Twenty years ago, in the faraway Northlands, the old king saw a blazing red comet soar through the midnight sky. He consulted his seers, trying to find what it meant. In their own ways they sought the Omens, but each one saw only death.

Two months later, the king was killed in a power struggle by his nephew, Krolm. In the Northlands the successor was either chosen by the king before he died. However, Krolm quickly established power. His four brothers, each as fearsome as the next, aided their eldest brother in taking power. They were granted positions as warlords, each given an army of the barbaric Northeners. The night Krolm was declared king, he began his plans for the south, the Thelrian Empire...

An invasion twenty years in the making was set off when a raiding party landed on Windfall Isle. They quickly swept through, destroying any towns. In that night four other attacks were launched in the Hearland; three assassinations, and an outpost destroyed. Thelrians everywhere grew fearful of the coming attack.

The next morning, Krolm was found, a corpse in his bed.

The World
Wrath of the North takes you through beautiful islands, mysterious jungles, perilous mountains, and harsh deserts. Remember: the wary adventurer will be rewarded. The land is filled with secrets; they are yours for the taking.

Intense Combat
Combat consists entirely of spells, no more right clicking and watching your Hero fight. Instead using a wide variety of abilities, you will have to be on your feet to achieve victory.
Boss fights are far more than before. You won't find foolish beasts awaiting you, but clever enemies that will push you to your limits.

Heroes (In Progress)

Amonth Temple Guardian

The Amonth Temple has spread itself thin. In the Northlands their warriors battle against barbaric hordes, who threaten to invade the land of Thelria. However, the Guardians remain, as they always have, defending the Empire.

The Amonth Temple is the main religion of the Thelrian Empire, and provides several of the elite warriors for the army.

Na'Shali Assassin

One of the last of the Na'Shali order, a group of elite assassins. The Na'Shali have spent centuries keeping order in secret, assuring peace by any means neccessary.

Wrath of the North is still in its earlier stages. The basics are still being put in, and a Save/Load code is still needed.

Progress-
Terrain - 80%
Heroes - 30%
Triggers - 35%
Quests - 8%
Items - (TBA)
Story - 40%

Help Needed
I am not neccessarily recruiting, however I am in need of a Save/Load code for heroes and their current items. If someone wishes to provide one, please PM me, I will send you a copy of the map to apply the code. Credits will be given, as well as a +reputation.

Screenshots

Threnton.jpg

WindfallIslandEncampment.jpg

worldedit2008-07-0700-11-43-04.jpg

worldedit2008-07-0623-56-27-31.jpg

More Screenshots Coming Soon.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Thats some nice screenshots!.

screenshot 2, the tent is almost falling to the river/sea/lake...

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
lol i feel srry for whoever's camping in that one

btw, your story isnt epic at all, its pretty generic lol

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Please show screenshots of in-game. Not camera positioned angled pictures.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Update: Two Additional Screenshots Added

First Part of Story Added.

(by the way to whoever said the story was generic, I hadn't even posted it yet... Even now there's just a tiny bit of it up there.)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Pretty cool. But it's what I expect from you. :p

For the story thing, this is an ORPG, so stories aren't a major part of the game, but still, am original story would be nice to go along with. :D The terraining looks nice and pretty even as in keeping with the map size and stuff, while still making it realistic. Also, yeah, the left tent is sticking out into the air. :)

Good luck with this! :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I've decided on a 3rd person view, thanks to Smith's amazing movment/camera system.

Here's a screenshot of it. It works quite nicely, and the system is bugless/leakless.

War32008-07-0715-43-45-67.jpg

I'm not sure if I should zoom the camera in more, though I might.

Credits to Nasrudin for those nice trees.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Looks like a good ORPG.

OFFToPIC: Why does the North always is the evil one?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
When I think North I think cold. And when I think cold, I think mountains. And when I think mountains, I think barbarians. So, yeah. That's why North has the baddies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.