Yet another .sc2mod/dependency inquiry

Mandrilx

Reaction score
Basically, I want to use a mod file to store imported models/textures so that I can have the space in the map file to do other stuff without going over the limit... In theory what I have done should have worked:

1) Made a mod file with campaign dependency and the imported files in them, following the Assets/Blah structure.... bypassed the publishing problem changing the name in F12 etc...

2) To test another teory that you need to have them linked somewhere in the data editor, I duplicated a zergling and changed the model for one of my imported ones.

3) Saved the mod file locally and published it just to see if it would publish... it did no problem here.

4) Made a map file with the basic liberty dependencies plus my mod, moved it on top just in case... all campaign stuff was there meaning the first dependency via the mod worked as intended, however my imported files were nowhere to be found, and ofcourse ingame the zergling just showed up as the white sphere...

I was able to overcome the earlier problems (publishing, co-dependency with campaign, structure etc) but was unable to figure out why the imported files do not show up even with the Assets structure. I did some searching around but found no solutions that would work for me (maybe I missed it) so it would be great if someone who has gotten this to work could explain to me a way to make them appear in the map.

Thanks in advance!

Mandrilx

Reaction score
So has no one gotten their .sc2mod imported files to show correctly in the map using it as a dependency? :(

I remember a few posts of people who successfully did this for sounds, and it should be rather straightforward.... Any luck with models?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.