Your Opinion: How fun would it be....?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hello guys, its been awhile and i really would like to start working on something 'not-so-big' project Adventure,with a storyline setup and all that stuff(talking about a Custom Campaign) , but its been killing me that i cant arrange Voice-acts for the cinematics and such, now im really curious to know, for your own personal Opinon, Would it affect your interest in playing it or such? (since you'd have to read basically every cinematic scene that would be going on :( )

PS. Sorry to the mods if i posted in the wrong section, and feel free to change the Title as you please if you dont see it fit.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Heya mate :),

I, personally, am more concerned over the game-play then the cinematics. The cinematics, in my view, are little more then extras to the story. Although they help convey the story line in greater detail, reading a line of text and hearing a voice adds little to me, apart from helping my be lazy.

Make the game good, and the characters background believing, playing the story myself rather then listening to a cinematic allows me to get me involved into the characters life.

However all that said, adding voice-actors really helps :) but is not essential :)

P.S: Gotta catch up sometime

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
why cant you do voice acts? you can import custom audio and you arent limited on map size with single player games (memory not map bounds)

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Grr :) Not that i have any sort of limitations, the only problem is Making the Voice acts to be Imported to that map :(

GFreak45

Reaction score
there are plenty of good voice-changing programs that you could use your own voice with, and other text-speech programs that work and dont sound too bad

GFreak45

Reaction score
im at work, so everything cept the NFL official site, thehelper, and our own websites are blocked

ironic that they didnt block the NFL official site, pretty sure fantasy isnt blocked either :p

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
imo, like duderock101. Gameplay is better than cinematics, or atleast some way to make it unique and different.

But obviously good cinematics are nice to have C;

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I hear ya :) , well thanks for your input , i hope more will reply and share their thoughts about this :)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I for one am perfectly fine with cinematics that have no sound to accompany the text displayed; but it would be nice to be able to actually skip the cinematic with Escape whenever I don't feel like reading.

GFreak45

Reaction score
I for one am perfectly fine with cinematics that have no sound to accompany the text displayed; but it would be nice to be able to actually skip the cinematic with Escape whenever I don't feel like reading.

quoted for truth

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
A compelling story told through text can be just as epic as one acted. Sometimes better.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I played quite a few campaigns that had no sound to accompany the text; it was great except for the exasperating moments when I didn't want to read the text but couldn't stop it. Once the ability to stop a cinematic is granted, the entire campaign is far more palatable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.