Acquisition Range

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
In the object editor, i set the acquisition range to 600 and Range to 20,000

ive tried this before in another map with 1000000 acq range and 1000000 range, it can shoot across the map. So now, i made an archer and gave it an ability called Range bonus, if it uses it, it gains 100 Acq range.

see here..

Code:
Range Bonus
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Range Bonus 
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set (Triggering unit) acquisition range to ((Current acquisition range of (Triggering unit)) + 100.00)
                Unit - Remove Range Bonus  from (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions

(Range bonus is a learned hero skill thing, i remove it so that it can learn it again when it has another skill point meaning, the range keeps stacking. Removing it doesn't affect the actual acq range because it was added by a trigger.)

so i use the ability but the range doesn't change. any ideas?

Technomancer

Reaction score
wait, so you set the range to 20,000, so the unit can shoot anything it right clicks on?

Try adjusting both at the same time.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
k this is how i think it works

range = the distance the archer is capable of hitting
acquisition range = the range needed for the archer to start attacking

range cannot (i think) be change by triggers but acquisition range can.

basically if i set range to max and acquisition range to 600, the unit should still fire at 600 range. Then i use triggers to raise the acquisition range. i know the trigger works cuz i have another trigger that tells me the acquisition range of the unit and it went up by 100 but the archer still isn't shooting far.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Try a bigger number.

Have you tried using upgrades instead of auras?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
huh? its not an aura, its just a trigger that makes the acquisition range higher. and i cant use upgrade cuz there are many types of the same unit and i only want some to have the range.

now that i think about, 100 range is like 2 pixels on a monitor, no wonder.

EDIT: still no difference. i changed it to add 1000 and my trigger told me the unit had 12,000 range yet it was shooting the same distance as the regular 600 range.

if i set the acq range in the object editor, it works...

but i need it in triggers!

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
To Be Exact, this will never work. No matter how you set it, The Acq Range will only matters if its being adjusted from the object editor, not in triggers.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Your right about the two type of range, but increasing aqr range does not increase the actual range displayed on the unit, and also the aqr range will not allow the archer to hit any target it can hit besides the initial range it is set at object editor, you can decrease it, but not increase it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If they aren't heroes, you can easily replace units with different range can't you?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
they are heroes XD

im confused why blizzard would include something like that if it doesn't work.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
The more you use the WE, the more you will encounter things that make you wonder...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Need more help with this? Check out The Hive Workshop!

That is the absolute BEST resource for Warcraft 3 World Editor Help in 2023 and beyond. Everyone that was here is there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.