Artifact issue with HIS 5770

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
So, I ordered this card, and some games have 'effects' that are acting weird. They display as flat triangles with the texture it would've used and is flipping all around as the particle's animation is supposed to play. There's a screenshot below of an example. I've tried resinstalling the driver, but it always appears as a 5700 series, instead of its actual model, a 5770. Which is no real issue.

The image.

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Are you running the latest catalyst drivers from AMD.com (v10.12)?

As for the card appearing as a "5700 series", as you suspect, that is normal and acceptable.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I was just listing things off, I already knew it being listed as a 5700 series card was as it should be, since the 5700 series uses the same driver.

And, I'm not sure if it is updated all the way. As the driver reports it being as 8.801. Every attempt at updating the card keeps it as the same version, so I've no idea on that.

Edit: The issue with what Darth said, is that I don't get a prompt for entering safe mode with this BIOS, so how would I get into it with no prompt.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score

Renendaru

Reaction score
Even though it still reports the same exact driver version after doing all that, it seems fixed. I'll post here if there's any more issues, but thanks for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.