[Contest] Tower Contest - Winner Announced

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Wait, it said it must be applicable in a TD. That basically destroys all use of any other units/towers/self-cast abilities. Lame. OH well, I'll take the risk of failing that section and make the most.. messed up... er... a tower. That may not work well in a TD :p

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
> Are we allowed to submit more than 1 tower? I have several ideas, but I'll pick my favorite one if needed.

I would say no. If, however, the towers had to somehow interact to achieve an effect, then you could do that.... :rolleyes:

> I suppose that in order to properly demonstrate how our towers work, we'll need to setup a simple TD map with a spawn point, a leak point, and a few waves of creeps. Is that right?

Humbug. Don't make more work for yourself. Just make some creeps walk by the tower, maybe in a path, depending on how the tower works. If you WANT to make a demo TD, be my guest, but it's not required.
Well sign me up to make a demo TD, im a bit bored. :) (i am not signing for the contest, just making a demo td)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Wait, it said it must be applicable in a TD.

But it didn't say what KIND of TD, did it? :p

> Well sign me up to make a demo TD, im a bit bored.

I was meaning a demo TD for your tower that you will submit....

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Damn, : \.. well maybe i can still make units to path in, then you can just paste your tower in

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I'll play along

Added.

Rules updated.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
Here is a demo map i made for the contest for ANYONE to use, just edit the peasent (human) to be able to build it, and paste your tower into the custom buildings tab!

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Here is a demo map i made for the contest for ANYONE to use, just edit the peasent (human) to be able to build it, and paste your tower into the custom buildings tab!

Excellent. I added it to the front page.

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
no prob (please note this is was my attempt at a demo map, im not sure if the pathing was right)

(i was right, the grunts "attack" wasn't modified, and their collision size is too big, let me edit it please)

here's the fixed version

Please remove the one on the front, and replace it with this one

Attachments

• TowerContest Entry.w3x
    19.6 KB · Views: 222

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Oh. My. God. I thought of a sweet one. Sign me up. Strap me in. Blast me off. Cause I'm going to win. :D (Cocky? Yes. Don't hurt me. :eek: )

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Please remove the one on the front, and replace it with this one

Done.

> Sign me up.

Done.

> Don't hurt me.

Me? Why would I? No reason to. :D

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
A couple of questions:
Is there any time limit, or a "never-ending-contest"?
Do we need a builder to build it or can we just preplace it?

Just so you can post some more posts ^^
Is it the right size? Would it fit in with other towers nicely?
Thats a bit...retarded? I mean, TD's should not be the same, so, if you took all these towers that will show up in this Contest put them all together, I'll bet they together would make one hell-of-a-TD. But, if you add it with "Archer TD", of course it does not fit in...You could have an archer as model though but...really dont understand..whatever, but ofc you gotta give some kind of score for something so ^^

Does your tower have the right amount of power? Is it not just an "ownage device"? Is it actually viable in a TD map?
Same here, bit odd, but I get your point, not a tower with 2.000.000k dmg and 2k radius splash. But that might fit in, in "my td" so... balance n balance...

Anyways, count me in! :)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there any time limit, or a "never-ending-contest"?

The deadline is at the bottom of the first post.

> Do we need a builder to build it or can we just preplace it?

A builder would be fine. It's not mandatory. However, the more you do with the map in which you create the tower, the faster I can grade.
> Just so you can post some more posts
Not that I need them

> Thats a bit...retarded?

I was thinking more visually fit in. You tower shouldn't have a scaling value of 5000. :p

> Same here, bit odd, but I get your point, not a tower with 2.000.000k dmg and 2k radius splash.

Right. I understand that the towers may be balanced differently. It will be taken into consideration. :D

> Anyways, count me in!

Added.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Great idea is me be having. Great grammar eh? Anyways.

Apparently it doesn't wanna load one of my models. Pleasant. OH well :p I'll find a way around. In fact, I may completely remove use of my imported models and just combine existing models yadda yadda yadda etc etc so on and so forth. I hope no one uses my idea except me :(

AoW_Hun7312

Reaction score
A couple of questions:
Is there any time limit, or a "never-ending-contest"?
Do we need a builder to build it or can we just preplace it?

Just so you can post some more posts ^^

Thats a bit...retarded? I mean, TD's should not be the same, so, if you took all these towers that will show up in this Contest put them all together, I'll bet they together would make one hell-of-a-TD. But, if you add it with "Archer TD", of course it does not fit in...You could have an archer as model though but...really dont understand..whatever, but ofc you gotta give some kind of score for something so ^^

Same here, bit odd, but I get your point, not a tower with 2.000.000k dmg and 2k radius splash. But that might fit in, in "my td" so... balance n balance...

Anyways, count me in! :)
On my demo map i added 5000 gold to the player red, and the builder can't build anything, so paste in your tower to the custom units, then allow the builder to build it (stats-buildings)

Skrew it, i can't ignore the fun any longer:banghead: , IM IN:D

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Skrew it, i can't ignore the fun any longer , IM IN

Added.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
The deadline is at the bottom of the first post.
Oh...ehm...how can I get away from my stupidness there...Oh shite, I cannot!:p Btw next time, have it at top, some ppl just hate reading through the whole post? Actually try get everything at top?:plol

I was thinking more visually fit in. You tower shouldn't have a scaling value of 5000
Done, selection scale then? No limitations? OH, GREAT !

I understand that the...
Good4u...now i can sleep better...Or can I? :rolleyes:

Good^^

On my demo map i added 5000 gold to the player red, and the builder can't build anything, so paste in your tower to the custom units, then allow the builder to build it (stats-buildings)
Tnx but no tnx...Cannot tell why, sry...

btw; two weeks on a tower, rest my case!:)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Woo ok ima do, ima do this, im gona get pumped, actually sumbit something, yea, lets do this! Lets atleast get 2nd last! IM IN!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.