Doom Angel's Question Thread

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> if I skip the loop, can I continue the actions beyond the loop?

Did you read the examples 1. and 2.?

Code:
For each integer A from 1 to 10
    For each integer B from 1 to 10
        Custom script: exitwhen true
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: "You're never going to see this"
    Game - Display to (All players) the text: "You'll see this 10 times"

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
k i guess i have asked wrongly though i did asked it just not in this sentence :p

anyway i was talking about the 'Skip Remaining actions'
if I skip the loop, can I continue the actions beyond the loop?
make 1+1 :D
-----------------------------------------
another question:
how can i detect if unit has ability?
i was pretty sure it exists but when i looked for it i didn't found.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Bump

i though of way to detect it but i dunno if it this alright just confirm it's allright:
Code:
Event
   Unit Channels......
Condition
Action
   For Each (Integer A) 1 to 8000...
      Loop
         If \ Then \ Else
            If - Condition 
               Level of AbilityVar[(Integer A)] Not equal to 0
            Then - Actions
               (Do Actions) 
            Else - Actions
this should detect it right?

k i guess i have asked wrongly though i did asked it just not in this sentence

anyway i was talking about the 'Skip Remaining actions'

if I skip the loop, can I continue the actions beyond the loop?

make 1+1
Don't forget this one too :p

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Bump still..... (Look above)

and also another question:
anyway to add skill to spellbook without adding it from first place?
i mean i can't add all of the skills so i gotta know if there is way even in JASS as long as there is some way to add it to spellbook thx in advance.

I

IKilledKEnny

For you last question (I'm having a hard time understanding the others) just add the spell reguraly but disable it at the start of the game and re-enable it whenever needed.

Also, can you keep all curresnt questions at the first post? It's hard to keep track of current issues.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
>For you last question (I'm having a hard time understanding the others)

k about the question with detecting the spell i don't see anyway i could explain it better and about the 2nd with the loop i will explain it clearer:
if i use skip remaining actions inside a loop would it skip the whole remaining trigger or just the integer A loop (and don't try to give me different solution im asking it out of interest)
-----------------------------------------------------
> just add the spell reguraly but disable it at the start of the game and re-enable it whenever needed.

i meant to add the spell and without having him in the spell book as some unknown spell which i can't get inside the spell book from the first place because i dunno what spell is it.....
>Also, can you keep all curresnt questions at the first post? It's hard to keep track of current issues

i dunno it's just simplier to ask them stright than go and update my first post everytime i dunno about u but i like it like that.

Anything.

Reaction score
> just add the spell reguraly but disable it at the start of the game and re-enable it whenever needed.

i meant to add the spell and without having him in the spell book as some unknown spell which i can't get inside the spell book from the first place because i dunno what spell is it.....
Um.

You want to add the spell to the spellbook... Without having [X - an unknown spell] in it, and cannot be obtained because you don't know what X is?

What's first place?

What the hell are you getting at? :banghead:

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
i want to add spell through triggers and i would detect the spell later the problem is that adding spell to spellbook through trigger requires to have the spell on the spellbook already and that makes it a problem for me so im look for a solution of any kind.....

I

IKilledKEnny

There is no way of adding a spell directly to the spellbook in any way but the one that I have mentioned (as far as I know). As for detecting question it would detect if a unit has a spell, yes. If I'll figure out a better way to do it then I'll edit this post.

> if I skip the loop, can I continue the actions beyond the loop?

Yes, as I have said before.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
k thx for finnaly looking at my thread. (+Rep just for that when i can)
and i hope ur answer suits this one cause i wanna make sure we are both on the same line of thinking :p
if i use skip remaining actions inside a loop would it skip the whole remaining trigger or just the integer A loop (and don't try to give me different solution im asking it out of interest)
i still got my other question (i already forgot it myself) but here's a quote:
i want to add spell through triggers and i would detect the spell later the problem is that adding spell to spellbook through trigger requires to have the spell on the spellbook already and that makes it a problem for me so im look for a solution of any kind.....
+Rep Rewards for helpers

I

IKilledKEnny

> if i use skip remaining actions inside a loop would it skip the whole remaining trigger or just the integer A loop (and don't try to give me different solution im asking it out of interest)

> Yes, as I have said before.

So create force with aray equal to number of those spells you want to add to the spell book and then add a player to the player group with the proper array when you enable the spell.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
> Yes, as I have said before.
Yes what?
i didn't understand which of them the skip the whole or only the loop of integer A?

So create force with aray equal to number of those spells you want to add to the spell book and then add a player to the player group with the proper array when you enable the spell.
didn't understand :confused:
just to make sure u understand i want my spellbook to add unknown ability

I

IKilledKEnny

Sorry, yes it would only skip the loop but the rest of the trigger will remain the same.

Say you got 50 different abilities that you want to add 1 random from them your spell book. So create an ability variable with array size of 50. Then go and create player group variable with the same array. No do:

set randominteger = random number between 1 and 50
enable ability[radnominteger] ability for player
set custom value of unit to randominteger

And then you wanna check what ability was activated for the player? then do:

for each integer A between 1 and 50 do:
if unit custom value = integer A do:
else do:

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
Thx for the loop question :D (i owe u twice already :p)

as i told u my ability's are unknown and if i would take all the abilitys in game and disable them for player's i would mostly face many angry players who can't use their skills :p

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
k new question:

changing height off terrain(only a bit up) through trigger action:
possible or not?

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
k new question:

changing height off terrain(only a bit up) through trigger action:
possible or not?

Environment - Create a -0.50 second Temporary crater deformation at (Center of (Playable map area)) with radius 512.00 and depth 64.00

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Korolen got it, however, if I'm not mistaken you can still walk up those terrain deformations.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
k thx Korolen (+Rep)
it's not exacly what i look for but i can use still it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.