Download Windows 7 Legitimately?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
My laptop came with W7 pre-installed on it has been acting all faulty. Since I finally took my computer to service, I now know what's the problem and the solution requires me to reinstall the OS. Thus the question, is there a way to download a legit Windows 7 in order to reinstall it if I have the activation key? I didn't receive a disk of some sort and I cannot use the recovery images because most likely the OS was buggy from the very beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Windows Anytime Upgrade isn't available in my country.

I don't have disks of any sort - the laptop had Windows 7 pre-installed on it. I just have the activation key/serial code.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The links that Slapshot136 posted here may be of use - however, I'm not sure if you are able to get the 32-bit version (if that's what you're after), or in an alternative language version to English (US)

Get it from the interwebs and use the serial :p.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Your product key might only work with an OEM copy of Windows tied to your computer's manufacturer. The recovery image on the hard drive is separate from the OS partition so it should be useable. Some manufacturers make you pay extra for a recovery disc or an actual Windows disc now.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Your product key might only work with an OEM copy of Windows tied to your computer's manufacturer.

I ran into this issue before (with vista), but I e-mailed microsoft, they asked for a picture of the serial key, and after I sent it they sent me a working key, it wasn't a big hassle

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.