Fix for some with the Dump-to-Desktop bug

D

drakeon123

ty....

you screwed IT UP. NOW I CANT LOAD MY FILES IN THEI I COULDNT LOAD VideoDefault.Con because the almight gayness happened.

U

Unregistered

Sounds to me like the renderer fix has helped some of you but not all. Could be a runtime problem. Try installing the latest version of Directx, may be of help. Also Try a different graphics driver. Worth a try.

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
Just wanted to let you all know that I had the same exact problem as many people have had with this game. The game would just randomly crash to the desktop whether being in the game or at the loading screen. I tried everything, two straight weeks of nothing but troubleshooting. I am running a Pentium 4 2 Ghz. processor with 512mb ram, a NVIDIA GeForce 2 video card, and a SoundBlaster Live sound card. Why the hell this game won't behave properly had become beyond my scope. Well, I decided hell, i'm tyring a different video card (which I was skeptical about, being I've read some postings in here saying that changing the video card didn't help them)....well, I tried slappin in my roommates GeForce 4 and walllahhhhhhhh, PRESTO, ITS MAGIC, ITS WORKING ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!! No problems what so ever, seems as if my video card may be damaged!! Yours could be too!!!!!

Jason

You fool, are you seriously saying such bs?

Yeah 90% of people have damaged video cards, my ass ^^

Hope it was just a bad joke 'm8y'.

U

Unregistered

is there an direct link to the via 4-in-1 driver? i get sooooooooo lost on that freakin site

M

Mael of War

:\

Well, Ive got the exact same problem...Ive updated my graphics card drivers, reinstalled the game, tried a system restore, done the VideoDefault.con editing, downloading VIA, Upgraded to DirectX 9.0, but absolutely nothing has worked. Open to more solutions...

S

skidoochris

damm crash on startup

your not alone dude same crash to desktop here and done all too
played the game many time since updating to bf 1.61b
what i did is turn on coolbits
now got no bf but doom3 and many other games work fine
going to try international nvida driver cant hurt
thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.