FTeditor: how to make new lines

Bomook

Reaction score
this is an extremely stupid question, but in the frozen throne editor, for the ability editor, for the field "Tooltop - Learn - Extended" where it describes the skill, how do you add a new line? (just like hitting enter)

I'm trying to make higher than level 3 for some skills, and they go up pretty high, so without being able to make a new line in the box, it gets really hard to read :p

edit: okay, never mind, there's a line limit anyways, so I can't put on that many lines to begin with.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember someone mentioning once that you can't make new lines in the spell tooltips window. Although I'm not sure if using |n works at all.

Remember, the character space for spell tooltips is around 300 or something atm. Blizzard have acknowledged that this is far too small and so they will be increasing the limit for a future patch.

Oh yeah, also remember that there's a bug (or so I'm told) that stops you from using/accessing spells beyond the 4th level in the game, even if you made many more levels.

Bomook

Reaction score
about making a new line, I meant making a new line in the editor window only (just easier for the designer to look at). |n does work, however, for making new lines in the game. Having messy abilities isn't too bad, just a little annoying.

and as for the bug... I'll try to test it out; I'll edit when I get results :)

edit: there is no evidence that the bug exists. I've only tested up to skill level 10 though (I doubt anyone would make a map going higher :p). This was tested using Frozen Throne version 1.11

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, this is what I got from the blizzard known bugs thread:

"Default values for ability levels beyond 4 are not loaded properly in game "

I used to know what it meant a week or so ago, but I can't remember now. Maybe you might be able to interpret it better than me (I'm yet to do any spell editing inside the editor sry).

Bomook

Reaction score
hmmm I think I know what it means (it's not really a bug, btw):
abilities have pre-defined stats, and do not increase by an interval (to increase, they are simply defined at a higher value).

Example:
defaultly, the Dreadlord's Vampiric Aura has 3 levels, these fields are defined:
Levels = 3
Level 1 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.15
Level 2 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.30
Level 3 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.45

when increasing maximum skill levels alone, the "Levels" field is changed, but the higher levels' settings are not; Example:
Levels = 5
Level 1 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.15
Level 2 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.30
Level 3 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.45
Level 4 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.45
Level 5 - Attack Damage Stolen (%) = 0.45

the settings for levels beyond the ones defined defaultly do not exist, so to speak, so they take the traits of the normal maximum level. When playing a map with only maximum level adjusted, the player could pass level 3-4, but with no increased skill potency.

The thing on the known bugs thread isn't really a bug, more like a warning for map editors to watch out for; I think this really applies more for, say, StarEdit people, where upgrades were like:
Research cost: 150 ore, 150 gas
Factor: 75 ore, 75 gas

basically, that factor just adds onto the Research cost value per level higher, in Frozen Throne, things are just defined themselves, and do not go by a set factor (more annoying, but allows for more customization).

------------------------------------------------------------
Long Story Short: if you are editing abilities for RPG maps (or any custom map), if you want them to exceed the default maximum level, just manually change the values for the levels beyond the maximum, they will work fine; come on, don't be lazy now:p
------------------------------------------------------------

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok cool, that clears things up now.

Just remember not to show me up too much man - knowing more than a moderator might get u banned :))) j/k

Bomook

Reaction score
hehe, don't worry, I don't know that much... I'm just good at manipulating ambiguous, tenebrous equivocation to fabricate an air of coruscating luminosity around myself.:p

actually, for real though, I pick up things pretty quickly, so I'll try to help out whenever I can.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.