How do you counter bm mass circlet with human?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Let's say the enemy is orc and he sells his tele scroll to get a bunch of circlet of nobilities that give him +2 stats each
What would be a good way to prevent his hero from using hit&run to kil your army?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which map exactly are you talking about?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which race are you?
Which hero is the enemy using?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Magic sentry or wards or any true sight thing, and a shit load of towers. Thorns aura if you're night elf, at level 3, his crits will do like 75 damage to him.

S

Scroller

Undead: Get a shade to follow your army. Its true sight can detect BM when he does WW.
Human: Get a Flying Machine to follow your army. It has true sight too.
Night Elf: This is a hard one as they cannot detect invis units. When ever the BM shows up, use the Demon Hunter to burn his mana away. Sure you won't be able to stop him killing your units but it ensures that he is unable to do it as often.
Orc: The good news is most of your units have too much health for the BM to harass you and he probably won't. The bad news is your Shadow Hunter makes good BM food. So.........use your BM and whack his SH!

On a side note, I believe the BM is a bit overpowered compared to other heroes, he is almost as good as a one man army when he gets circs and blades of attack and the invulnerbility pot.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
First of all, the title says 'How do you counter bm mass circlet with human?'.

Secondly, who the heck sells their scroll for circlets? The circlets are only available after a certain time has passed, and if he is able to purchase circlets - then that means you can purchase the dust (because circlets and dust are from the same shop).

You would deal with a 'circlet BM' the same way as you would deal with a normal 'BM': an arcane tower that covers both mining and lumberjack peasants + clever building placement. Personally, I'd go with MK or Pally as heroes - but the usual archmage could work.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Get MK. SB prevents WW. TC also gives you the time to move things out of the way before he gets in killing range.

Reaction score
Secondly, who the heck sells their scroll for circlets? The circlets are only available after a certain time has passed, and if he is able to purchase circlets - then that means you can purchase the dust (because circlets and dust are from the same shop).

Pretty popular, the pros do it, why shouldn't other people? It's actually a lot more useful than you might think.

The trick is that BM can buy stuff from the shop very easily; Wind Walk, he can just walk there. The circlets are one of the best items for him, the boots are a nice thing to get, too, especially because the enemy can't get them then.

The Archmage must get a few levels, and with the BM the orc is great at creep jacking you, taking the last hits and the items, scouting and following you and generally messing your creeping up. But he can't do much else yet if you build a good arcane tower. Later, when the orc gets raiders, he has pretty much gained map control. Even if he has it, he still can't do much against towers.

Use militia when early creeping, as always. If you've got problems microing and keeping the AM alive, a MK might be better. Also, a few sorceresses commited to casting slow on the BM help at tier 2.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if he sold his scroll with orcs against human,base rush him at start of tier 2 with rifles foots archmage/mk & towers. Orcs generally have a terrible time against base rushes right before mid-game. Orcs will have like 6 units, while you have 13+ & towers.

You'll probably want an arcane tower by your gold mine early.

YourFace

Reaction score
thx

i also hate ud
plus rep for all of you

spread 2 much

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Use dust of appearance, arcane towers, and storm bolt from the mk. Also, if the MK is about to kill a peasant, kill him yourself to prevent xp gain. If you can save him, make him a militia so he can run away faster.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Against Orc you will usually have some sorcs (hopefully). It's worth researching invisibility and using it to save a unit being focused by the blademaster.

Personally I like playing aggressive with MK + Bloodmage against Blademaster; Siphon mana to steal from the blademaster and give to MK to spam bolt + thunderclap, and banish helps control the blademaster.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
For heroes against a BM I rushed to get a MK first and then a blood mage for the mana drain. Storm bolt + mana drain = no wind walking = dead. Especially if he sold his TP scroll.

YourFace

Reaction score
well he massed towers in his base + his hero + burrows
rushing wont be easy

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
l2micro?

Lets see, get an early arcane tower to prevent rushing. Mk or Pali for disable/heal. Micro your AM around so it doesn't die since AM is faster than BM unless they get boots. Dust is always useful and cheap.

Honestly mass circlets is pretty easy to counter... I like breakers and sorcs/priests best.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I suggest you go onto a forum about ladder maps with such questions.

I read ladder forums from time to time, and what they write there is quite different from what you get here.

It's just that more then half of comments dont give you good advice or contain some flaws.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.