I'm back

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Damn, them balls is good indeed! After a 20 year slumber, the smallest of burning embers have been re-kindled. I'm setting up a GIT repository of some of my ancient Nuon stuff. It will remain private for a while. The reason I am setting it up, is I am resuming work on my Breakout demo since the emulator is a decent enough dev environment. Also, DVDs can now be signed so ALL Nuon owners will be able to see this.

Don't expect quick progress, but I have decided to do some concurrent demo code for a very obscure Atari 8-bit hardware upgrade called VBXE, and the Nuon. It just so happens, that some 6502 code I am doing has reminded me of the next major upgrade planned for my Nuon Breakout game.

So with that a new project has been started to test the concept. It will be using Jeff Minter's libsprite2 library. Is there any interest in a tutorial for this? If so, what topics would you like to see? Setting up a dev-environment, general coding help, a follow-along during various steps of this project, emulator setup?

V-SNES

NUON Lover!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think another tutorial that would be good to do is how to burn a game to a disc to test on original hardware. Not sure how helpful that'd be for devs but it would be helpful for people who want to try out homebrew on their Nuon. Also, should a dev want help from the community to beta test their game, this would be great to have.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! We are moving forward with the NUON-Dome Demo Disc that would be a perfect platform to showcase your work! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.