Making a Wait Without Waits...

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I must have misinterpreted what ToolTip said. I was asking about using the "Event - every 1 second of game time" function. Is it more comparable to a timer or a wait, in its accuracy, speed, etc.

I said that because a loop may not work, so you need to use periodic timers.

For example, moving units in all different random directions. It would be best to move the unit to a random point in a direction every 5.00 sections rather than use a loop.

Kling[o]

Reaction score
I don't know if someone answered to your question , how to make a wait whitout wait. You can simply make a dummy unit and add an expiration timer to your dummy ( it will be your waiting time ) and make a new trigger to check when a unit of this kind die then do the actions you want to do after the wait.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
I don't know if someone answered to your question , how to make a wait whitout wait. You can simply make a dummy unit and add an expiration timer to your dummy ( it will be your waiting time ) and make a new trigger to check when a unit of this kind die then do the actions you want to do after the wait.

THANKS FOR MAKING A SHORT ANSWER WITH ALL POSTS INCLUDED. +rep.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Then again, where's the difference to using a timer? If he uses a dummy unit with timed life, he would still need to 'attach' data to this unit, in order to make the spell MUI. Then he could also use a timer instead. There is no advantage in using a timed-life-unit over a timer ... and timers are a lot faster than creation & destruction of units, which usually spikes up to a lot of lag with multiple "onDeath" triggers.
Hell, do not use timed life except for dummy units. Use timers!! This is your answer to make a wait without a wait.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
^ That post...

Timed-Life Death Detection would be horrible beyond anything... Inefficient beyond... well.... anything.... use timers -_-'

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
No, but why give him an inefficient way when the efficient way is much easier?

Ignorance is bliss. If the kid likes the inefficient method, let him be happy with it. Did you see how happy he was? He typed in all caps :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss. If the kid likes the inefficient method, let him be happy with it. Did you see how happy he was? He typed in all caps :p

As they say, Ignorance makes the world go round...

Well... It certainly explains why we're in such a crap situation...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.