Oh great, my first virus!

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Well, I've been doing fine until my family starts going on the family computer (even though they all have their own laptops except for me, which they all screwed up, no wonder).
This virus just won't die, and no matter what I do something always comes up (a few names I recognize, but 321902934484810921 doesn't really mean anything to you guys).
So, what kind of programs do you recommend? I tried some new malware software, and that took care of the business for a short while until the computer began to die slowly, again. I also used the search and destroy anti-spyware software, which solved the problem for awhile. Then once I ran the scan again, I found more spyware than before... :rolleyes:
The worst of my fears is that my internet service (SBC DSL) is being targeted by a rumored terrorist group that destroys computers under a certain service with an unstoppable virus or worm, or so I heard.
Anyways, if you can help me at all, please feel free to post. If you just want to rant at my pointless thread, please go to WoW.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
we got a really bad Virus we couldn't get rid off in no matters what we did we, so dad said that’s it so he bought Norton’s 360 07 version surely enough it kicked the virus ass inside out no more virus but I now Norton’s isn't cheap like 50 $ or something :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>The first 5 programs on the above list are the major players and one of them should be able to fix your problem.
I had a small question.
These virus scanner do scan your system is true, but does them help to destroy the virus or worms?

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Well i have a co-op at a computer repair store, and we suggest avg free edition to use. Also if you have more than 1 scanner, 1 spyware detetor it can mean bad things. Imagine this
You scan with Norton and find the virus, it then puts it the vault. Then you run avg when norton is still installed. It will find the virus in the vault and say you have a virus. It will keep making copies over and over and you will loose a lot of hard drive space. The best anti spyware program would be spy sweeper or spy doctor when you have paid for it. I wouldnt suggest norton just because it screws around with some windows files and doesnt really find many problems. We searched a computer with spy doctor and found 4000 threats, while norton found only like 100.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.