Questions about triggers

N

NeedHelp!!!!

I'm doing a new map, and i need some help...

Is there any way to upgrade units using triggers?

How can I make a player nuke in a location without a ghost (using triggers)?

I try to use this trigger to cloak a marine... but it freeze =(

Condition:

Current player brings exactly 1 any unit to invisible

Actions:
Display for Current player: Invisible
Disable doodad state for Terran Marine for Current player at Invisible

Whats wrong?
If you can help in any of this 3 questions please help...
Thanks

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
NeedHelp!!!! said:
I'm doing a new map, and i need some help...

Is there any way to upgrade units using triggers?

How can I make a player nuke in a location without a ghost (using triggers)?

I try to use this trigger to cloak a marine... but it freeze =(

Condition:

Current player brings exactly 1 any unit to invisible

Actions:
Display for Current player: Invisible
Disable doodad state for Terran Marine for Current player at Invisible
1: it is unknown whether you can use ai scripts to upgrade using triggers. it is only theorized. but as far as i know, never really done.

2: you cant do it without a ghost.

3: disabling disables ground units, not cloaks them. there are wierd disable+undisable triggers that might work, but i forgot what they are.

F

-fool-

disabling/enabling doodad state SHOULD work on the marine, but once cloaked you cant move it, and it just shoots at nothiong and spins ina 90 degree arc. and disabling doesnt always work. its very wierd. ive had triggers that are supposed to work and work some days and dont work others. I think it works best when putting disable doodad state in its own trigger. (i forgot if you disable or enable for marine cloak). so just make it set a switch i guess. and instead of current players i think you need all players.

i made a map that lets you buy cannons as defense. you own the cannon when the game starts but it wont fire becasue theres no pylon. disabling lets them fire without pylons. and it took me a while to get them to work.

some site probably lists all the unit effects when enableded/disablded. most protoss buildings work with no pylon... bunkers cloak.. marines go nuts..

YOU COULD - make a move location around the marine, and have a trigger always make an arbiter there, and another one always remove REMOVE any arbiters there. and use the wait0 triggers so its instant and you dont see the arbiter... that COULD work. but you probably still see the arbiter.

you can upgrade units using triggers by making your own ai scripts. its pretty easy. i dont have a link to the script maker but its around. ive made the script for it but never tried it in a map. :eek:.

you cant nuke without a ghost.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Its not possible to cloak a marine, and have a stable map, most likely it will not work, or it will crash you. There is a way at staredit.net to cloak bunkers, but I cannot be bothered going over there to check. :p

F

-fool-

the bunker cloaking is done with doodad enable/dsable triggers. it just happens to be that when a bunker is disablded it is cloaked and still works (just people cant get out).

when it happens to a marine you cant control him.
either way its still very stable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.