Removing/making invisible UI

Lightstalker

Reaction score
I want to either remove the UI, or make it invisible.

Anyway to do this? I tried playing around with the UI but couldn't manage to achieve this.

Whisky

Reaction score
You could import some transparent BLB (no idea where to find one) and replace the UI with that?
Paths you can find from war3.mpq under "UI\Console".

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I'm sure there was a ShowUI native or something laying around... Search the function list for it.

Oh, and it hides the cursor, so it might not be a useful native to you.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
I already tried replacing the images by .tgas and .blps with 100% transparency but they end up displaying the TRUE image instead. Giving them a size of 1x1 also doesn't work. :(

Azlier, I tried that, but it doesn't actually HIDE the UI: it just creates another one in the form of letterbox mode. I want to be able to see the WHOLE screen.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Import empty text files under your UI model paths? You can do that to erase pretty much anything annoying you.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Import empty text files under your UI model paths? You can do that to erase pretty much anything annoying you.

You mean creating a new file in notepad, saving it, importing it, and using it to replace an image such as the inventory cover, in the game interface? If so, it wouldn't let me use it as a valid file, so I copied & pasted the path of the text file and used it as a custom path for the image file resulting in it showing up green in-game. :(

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, I did say model, and not texture. Blank the UI model paths, and textures for good measure?

This must be possible, there must be a way!

Lightstalker

Reaction score
You mean changing the model path to ".blp/.tga" instead of "UI\Console..."? If so, I already tried it and causes the images to appear green. :(

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
If i remember right WEU had a ''hide UI'' action. We could ask Sevion to recreate it for EGUI.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I think I've already tried this, with a native which didn't work... Can't remember which native it was though.
And what about transparent UI? Is that even possible? WHERE DO I GET IT?

Whisky

Reaction score
Well you could open one of those existing UI blbs and check how the transparency is done in them. They are using different sizes and none of them is using the whole size that the green square shows..

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>Well you could open one of those existing UI blps and check how the transparency is done in them

They use alpha channels.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.