Offense Tropical Assault FW

Discussion in 'Members' Projects' started by jonadrian619, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jonadrian619 -___-

Tropical Assault Footman Wars v1.6 Alpha

[IMG]

Tropical Assault Footman Wars

Version 1.6 Released!! [December 21, 2008]
    - This is the first Alpha version and the first real version of the map. However, it's still in the process of testing.

I have resized the map so that it can accomodate the new battlefield, waygates, mercenary camps and Ancient Temples which are essential for two new game modes. New methods of Hero selection like -ar and -random. Players can now repick Heroes but only once. All bugs from the previous beta have been fixed but it's still in the testing process. New and subtle improvements have been made. I assure you the map is much better now.

Description:
    In this game, teams choose races and compete against each other, as standard units are generated for each player periodically. Each player chooses and controls a Hero which will lead his army of soldiers. Destroy the enemy fortresses to win.

Features:
    • Created from scratch, from the beginning.
    • 5 races with 3 Heroes each.
    • Spawned units can follow Rally Points.
    • Race and Unit Type selection through Dialog Boxes at game start.
    • Basic AI for computer-controlled slots.
    • Custom upgrades (which improve strength of spawned units and speed up rate of spawning) and unique items.
    • Special Events (including Duels) which players can enter in an arena and compete. Rewards & attribute bonuses are given to the winner of the event.
    • Hireable Boss Creeps - powerful and expensive behemoths that can fight by your side and literally crush your enemies.
    • Allrandom and Random hero selection. Players can Repick heroes but only once.
    • Cool terrain emphasizing a tropical battleground.

Things to know about:
    • Rally points can work for spawned units. In Wc3 melee, you are developing and expanding your base camp while controlling armies, your Hero, and additional expansion bases you have created, so can a player manage his town hall, remote armies and his Hero in this map. Your skills in melee Wc3 can be applied here, which is an advantage.
    • Players can now toggle between Ready and Not Ready for Duels by typing eiter -drdy (ready) or -dnrdy (not ready). A player challenging another player who's Not Ready won't be able to duel that particular player. This has been made to prevent abuse, like players w/ strong heroes challenging weaker ones to stack in more gold.
    • The AI is quite stupid (but still decent enough for Single Player). Your allies and enemies only attack-move at the center of the map in fixed intervals. But don't underestimate your enemies, they can do alot of damage too! For a good game, try a 2v2v2v2 with the other 3 teams as computer players. Fullhouse games are more likely to happen when filling slots w/ computer players.

Change Log:

Screenshots

Final Notes
    During the x-mas season, I will hardly even release a new version for the map. That's because I have a new Team Deathmatch map to make. Btw, when you find bugs again, or find imbalances, or if you just have a great idea in mind, PM me.

This is the first alpha version, the first 'real' version.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!
    ~jonadrian619
  2. demotry241 Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.

Impressive Action Icons/Tooltips!.
  3. jonadrian619 -___-

Actually I downloaded the icon command buttons from Wc3c, anyways thx a lot!!.
  4. Furberg New Member

This is actually a really awesome upgrade of Footmen Wars. Amazingly good job with the units and unit spells/upgrades. You should make some custom heroes. People can get pretty tired of Mountain King and Blademaster ^^. But bad things was - No healing. I need to buy potions to heal (wtf?!). And the hero revival time is WAY to long. It almost ruins game. But awesome game. Very good job!
  5. thewrongvine The Evolved Panda Commandant

lol, I'll try it out. Maybe someone could host this on b.net. EDIT: And tell me, of course. :D

EDIT 2: Ok, I played it. It was pretty cool. I like the strategy thing so you don't always have to keep clicking your units over and over again. :D The Inferno for the Undead Dreadlord was kind of imba... because it was magic immune. Magic units couldn't attack it, lol. And custom heroes would be cool, or if you gave the spells custom stats. The unit class thing was cool, but limiting one type wasn't that fun all the time. But all in all, it's a pretty cool game.
  6. jonadrian619 -___-

>furberg
    You can buy potions at the Marketplace just located inside your base. They're the best and only straightforward way to heal your Heroes..

>vine
    Yeah, it was pretty evident that the Infernal was wreaking havoc against the other team in one of my games with it.

I'll do more improvements and additions in v1.4. The stuff listed in my to-do list will be done on July 27-29 and some other things like balance changes. Expect v1.4 be released at those days.
  7. xAnaMorphine Active Member

This map is so imba, I was lanning with my friends 14 hours long we played this map minimum 8 hours :)

Keep up the good work.
  8. thewrongvine The Evolved Panda Commandant

Hm... are you going to customize the heroes a bit? Like change the stats, or maybe rearrange the spells and make custom spells? Not that it's like with all these super spells that create 1000 meteors that fly around and stuff, but some other custom things would be cool.

And adding a regeneration place would be nice, too. That way I can resist using gold hacks to get some potions (...and maybe using it a lot to get some other items :D). Good luck! :thup:

Off-Topic:
  9. jonadrian619 -___-

I'm only going to change the data of their abilities whenever necessary. I like to keep their stats that way, because I follow the melee map-balance, this also applies for future new races and heroes.

The Blood Elf Race. New custom models and textures will be used so expect the map in v1.4 to rise.:thup:

Yeah, you've got a point there. Completely relying on items to heal units ain't enough and ain't good. I'll add a fountain regen ability (HP and Mana) to the town halls. They only affect allies and of course won't benefit nearby enemy units.

That's a long time of playin!! I think v1.4, when released, will be much better in that period of time, w/ all the improvements and so.

I need your suggestions and you can also contribute for this map by pointing out imbalanced stuff inside the map, but make sure it's really balanced to the map's standard and not a balance change worlds apart.
  10. xAnaMorphine Active Member

Actually I was on weed and a bit drunk like normal for a Lan Party so I can't really remember but the vampire hero had that imba infernal.
  11. jonadrian619 -___-

Playin' Wc3 on high feels weird...:p

Anyway right now I'm Doin the balancing changes and I'm makin' the Blood Elf race and some new additions.
  12. jonadrian619 -___-

As of now, I haven't finished v1.4 yet, but hopefully in a few days or anytime during this week it will be released once things have been settled.

I'm having a hard time fixing the bugs and balancing the stats and attributes of certain units.

For now, just wait.
  13. jonadrian619 -___-

Bump

The thread has been updated and I've added a World Editor Screenshot for the Blood Elf race in case you want to see 'em. And the set release date for v1.4 is Aug. 10, so don't worry.

Btw, it's the Beijing Olympics tomorrow and later 08-08-08 will begin!! (GMT+8). It'll start exactly at 8:08 PM so good luck watchin!
  14. jonadrian619 -___-

Bump

V1.4 Released!

Take a look at the new changelog and additional screenies at this thread:thup:
  15. Furberg New Member

OH YEAH!! CUSTOM RACES FTW :D! and heroes! awesome screenshot
  16. waaaks! Zinctified

going to try this, and where did u apply the injury system? all units? nvm, ill try to find out myself
  17. jonadrian619 -___-

Thx:D!! The blood elf wasn't easy to make though, but it was fun!

I DL'ed the Injury System here. All the implementation instructions are found there.

As for the map, I'm not doing any modding right now since our 1st grading examinations will start this Wednesday until Friday, then I have to update my website this weekend.

A sneak peek: Expect recipe items, new item shops (that means a new platform), a Private Stash for each player and a Hero Duel system in v1.5. These are the fixed compoments for v1.5, and some might be added to the mix.
  18. waaaks! Zinctified

already tried the map, overall, it was good, just got something to suggest

for the strategies spell book, i suggest adding a hot key for it, also for the commands, like attack center, etc.

when i clicked a command in the strategies spell book, it takes time before my hero finishes casting, like i cant control him, i cant animation cancel it even if the spell is already casted

the blood elf hero (jaina model) was imba on aoe spells, like 2 spells can destroy my whole army, and ruins my strategy
  19. jonadrian619 -___-

For the strategies, I will add hot keys of course for v1.4c.

I know when you use a strategy, the hero stops and does his animation and I can't fix it that well, but that only occurs in a very short amount of time. Just re-order him to move.

The blood mage hero was imba (weak damage), its Lightning Fury. Flame Strike is just the way it is in the melee game. So I beefed L. Fury up a little, and all other abilities in the v1.4 changelog.

If you feel that the units are about to cross a dangerous path that puts them into risk, then move them to a safer place, order a few healthy units and your Hero (if he's healthy) to block the enemy while spare the injured for later use. Micromanagement skills are an advantage.

I've also got a bad feeling about the attributes of the melee and ranged unit classes, 'cause they're about the same and ruins their individualism as a unique class.

I'll make these changes in v1.4c.
  20. jonadrian619 -___-

bump..

v1.4c released.