1.22 to 1.24. What are the main GUI differences

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
O.k. I have just updated from version 1.22 to version 1.24 in warcraft. Before anyone asks, I had my reasons for not upgrading to 1.23 and for not updating to 1.24 earlier and I will not post them here.

However, there are many changes between the GUI of these two versions and I would be happy if someone could tell me these things:

What has been added
What has been removed and if it has been replaced by something
As I will be learning JASS soon, what are the changes to JASS that a Beginner would need to know
Are there workarounds to the things that have been removed and not replaced with something and, if so, what are they

Thanks,
Joccaren

Joccaren

Reaction score
Thanks. I think the 'Save Game Cache' action has been removed though. Anyone know why? If you don't save the game cache, the data is never realy stored and cannot be restored (At least in 1.22). Is it the same in 1.24? If so, how do you save and move data between maps?

Joccaren

Reaction score
Where is it then? I can't find it in the game cache section of the trigger editor?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
It's only accessible in Jass now. It was taken out of the GUI. I would say that it was a Blizzard accident when they were adding hashtables.

And yes, the return bug was removed. But another one still exists and GetHandleId was added to replace the most used return bug function (H2I). But they broke all the old quality maps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.